It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Can omega 3 cause skin breakouts?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
    EllieFarrell96
    (female)

EllieFarrell96 HB User
    Can omega 3 cause skin breakouts?

Hi,

I'm just looking to gain a little more knowledge around Omega 3. If your happy to help or could provide me with some more information please read below.

At 18, 10 and a half stone only 5ft 3 I am unfortunately classed as obese. I've recently made some changes to my diet, all for the better.

I'm a very fussy eater and usually eat a lot of processed and unhealthy foods. I wouldn't say I've started dieting just making some healthier choices. One of these is a freshly made smoothie for breakfast every morning.

Amongst various fruits I have been adding 1 heaped table spoon of ground flax seeds & goji berries.

I have never ever suffered from any form of breakouts even through the earliest part of my teenage years, but now, when my diet changes for the better I am getting quite a few large spots on my face (mostly around the chin and jaw line area if his makes a difference)

The only think I can think that is possibly causing this is the flax seeds which I have added to my diet. Prior to this, because I am a fussy eater and don't like fish I will probably have had no Omega 3 what so ever in my diet.

My final question, could flax seeds be causing my breakouts? Is this a logical explanation. I should be feeling better about my healthier lifestyle but it's just making me feel uncomfortable about myself. Please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Can omega 3 cause skin breakouts?

It could be the flax seeds. One way to find out is to stop eating them for 3 or 4 days to see if the spots go away.

Closed Thread

Tags
    flax seeds, healthy, omega 3