It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Constant Hunger

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
    MLHMLP
    (female)

MLHMLP HB User
    Constant Hunger

Does anyone else have constant hunger? I have always been in my 120's and recently gained 16 lbs in the last 2 months. My eating habits have not changed but I have gone thru menopause I don't really even enjoy eating. In fact I have to make myself eat recently. Even after I eat my stomach growls and I have severe hunger pains. It is constant!

It really is driving me crazy. I went to the doctor yesterday and blood test came back normal. I am planning on seeking a dietitian for help too. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
    TinaO88
    (female)

TinaO88 HB User
    Re: Constant Hunger

It sounds like it could be hormone related. I had similar issues in the past when I had a hormone imbalance. If your Dr did not check your hormones, I suggest having them do so, and even if they did you can get more in depth tests for that. It took a lot of Drs for me to get to the bottom of my issues, but I am glad I stuck with it and knew it was not just me "getting older," because I feel so much better now. Good luck with everything!

Old 01-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
    jef446
    Inactive
    (male)

jef446 HB User

How is your water consumption? A lot of people mistake 'hunger pangs' for genuine thirst. Also, what does your diet consist of. Perhaps some more fibrous veggies will fill you up a bit.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
    KickinIt23
    (female)

KickinIt23 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MLHMLP View Post
    Does anyone else have constant hunger? I have always been in my 120's and recently gained 16 lbs in the last 2 months. My eating habits have not changed but I have gone thru menopause I don't really even enjoy eating. In fact I have to make myself eat recently. Even after I eat my stomach growls and I have severe hunger pains. It is constant!

It really is driving me crazy. I went to the doctor yesterday and blood test came back normal. I am planning on seeking a dietitian for help too. Any thoughts?
    Did your Dr. check your Thyroid? Many things can change after menopause, but you Thyroid can change anytime. In the mean time try to eat things like fruits and vegetables. Also, drink lots of water to help to make you feel full and won't cost you calories. Good luck!

Closed Thread