It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board

• Eating 1000+ cal of bread a day?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #1
    domoxbr
    (male)

domoxbr HB User
    Eating 1000+ cal of bread a day?

For ~10 years I drank ~1000cals a day of homogenized milk until recently I decided to stop drinking milk. I felt it was contributing to GERD and/or doing damage to my throat esophagus (I've had a chronic phlegm feeling in the back of my throat the last few weeks, and drinking milk makes it noticeably worse)

The problem now is that I find it very hard to fill a 2000cal diet.

My local grocer has these ~1000cal loafs of french bread that I love eating. My question is whether it would be healthy (longterm) to eat one of these a day just to help fill the diet?

I have no health issues other than this throat thing. My mother's parent's are both diabetic, but they didn't seem to have much trouble with it.

Last edited by domoxbr; 03-01-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
    Melanie465
    (female)

Melanie465 HB User
    Re: Eating 1000+ cal of bread a day?

That would not be a balanced diet. A balanced diet should consist of three healthy meals and 2 healthy snacks during the day. Too much of anything is never a good idea.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
    KickinIt23
    (female)

KickinIt23 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by domoxbr View Post
    For ~10 years I drank ~1000cals a day of homogenized milk until recently I decided to stop drinking milk. I felt it was contributing to GERD and/or doing damage to my throat esophagus (I've had a chronic phlegm feeling in the back of my throat the last few weeks, and drinking milk makes it noticeably worse)

The problem now is that I find it very hard to fill a 2000cal diet.

My local grocer has these ~1000cal loafs of french bread that I love eating. My question is whether it would be healthy (longterm) to eat one of these a day just to help fill the diet?

I have no health issues other than this throat thing. My mother's parent's are both diabetic, but they didn't seem to have much trouble with it.
    I would say no...1000 of your calories in just bread!! Try more proteins like eggs and butters (peanut and almond) cheese is also great and high in calories. Try to get some fruits and vegetables also. Balance is very good! Good luck!

Old 03-17-2015, 07:38 AM   #4
    kingw364
    (female)

kingw364 HB User

That would be too much calories on bread a lone, as others have said, add more different types of food, peanut butter will give you lots of calories, proteins and fats if for some reason you just want to add calories without worrying caring too much about where they come from.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
    Ken606
    (female)

Ken606 HB User

I do not think that would be a healthy diet at all. You really need a balanced diet of grains, vegetables, fruits, dairy and meat. Balance is key to a healthy diet. Good luck.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #6
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Eating that much bread daily will most likely cause you to end up with diabetes.

I made bread for a few years and ate my share along the way. I am sure that is what shoved me over to being diabetic. Diabetes is in my family too.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:27 AM   #7
    Usman Ashfaq
    Inactive
    (male)

Usman Ashfaq HB User

I think the best way to improve your health is to made your diet perfect. what you say about it?

Closed Thread