It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• 19 years old, diagnosed with gastritis? Need some advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
    GastritisGal
    (female)

GastritisGal HB User
    19 years old, diagnosed with gastritis? Need some advice

Well i was diagnosed with gastritis almost a year ago, the doctors did not do any tests besides a stomach ultra sound and just diagnosed me through my symptoms. I had been constantly nauseous for over 2 months and threw up stomach acid atleast once a day, usually right in the morning as the nausea would wake me up. I was prescribed Nexium and for months i was fine, a few days of some stomach discomfort but the nausea and vomiting was gone. Then, my menstrual cycle came a few weeks ago and the symptoms came back but this time worse and the Nexium did not help, instead the Nexium gave me extreme anxiety and depression, i immediately stopped taking the medication and felt a lot better. Since that period i have not gotten a period in almost 2 months and i have extreme heart burn, loss of appetite, extreme weight loss, i can feel the stomach acid rising all the way up to my throat, i can feel the heartburn in not only my chest but in my back as well. I constantly feel like i have a burning, gnawing feeling in my stomach through out the day. The gnawing pain in my stomach and back and nausea makes sleeping so much harder. Even when i prop myself up with pillows, it is almost impossible to find a position that makes me feel comfortable enough to fall asleep and when i do fall asleep, i am up at around 6 or 7 in the morning due to the pain. When i visited a new doctor, she took some labs but everything seemed fine so she requested 2 ultra sound, one of my stomach and one of my pelvic as she thinks my lack of menstrual cycle can have something to do with my stomach symptoms. She also ordered hormone labs as well. I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this, it just sucks being so young and feeling so desperate because i just don't feel like I'm getting better. Any advise really would help, i don't even feel like myself anymore, i used to be such a happy person and now i feel trapped inside my own head worrying about feeling better.

The following user gives a hug of support to GastritisGal:
    Mavvio16 (04-14-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User
    Re: 19 years old, diagnosed with gastritis? Need some advice

I am surprised you've not had upper Endoscopy with biopsies. From your symptoms you may have developed Gastritis again

I had Gastritis/Duodenitis a few months ago. My PPI dose was doubled to heal it. Which worked.
    Coming off PPI'S cold turkey can cause rebound acid reflux as the acid making cells that have been suppressed go into overdrive

Perhaps try a different PPI ( and if/when you want to come off it wean down slowly)
    Raise the head of your bed on 6" blocks, and don't eat within 3-4 hours of bedtime

When I was ill I ate a bland diet, no big meals and drank a lot of warm water between meals

Closed Thread

Tags
    gastritis, gnawing pain, late period, nausea