It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Abdomen Burning and Flatulence.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2016, 01:14 AM   #1
    squid64
    (male)

squid64 HB User
    Unhappy Abdomen Burning and Flatulence.

Hello everyone, I am a 20 year old male with a history of IBS... When i was a little boy, i would always get diarrhea and as i grew up, the diarrhea became less and less frequent... However I am going though a new digestive issue chapter...

I really wanna find out whats wrong with me.

I will describe everything to be completely thorough.

Problems began last year, I would wake up at like 6 or 7 A.M. with a strong burning sensation in my abdomen as well as feeling nauseous. Feeling was hard to shake but it would eventually let up... Lasted for a while and i did nothing about it and it eventually went away on its own...

-Late 2015 - I would get random bouts of nausea almost every day for no reason...

-Early 2016 - Nausea bouts are less frequent, but were still a common worry for me...

-Last month I had gone to the doctor to ask them about my frequent nausea and they told me it was pretty much stress related (but i am honestly pretty stress-free, it's just these stomach problems that are giving me stress). They also did a blood test to look for H. Pylori and it came back negative...

Present day - 4 days ago, I Began having burning again except not in the morning - but randomly every day during the day lasting all day... The burning is pretty mild this time, but never really seems to let up.... I currently have more flatulence and feel overall more fatigued and weak, my apposite is also pretty much gone - Eating is quite unpleasant with this burning ...... as I type this there is a mild burning going on in my abdomen...

I have spoke to my parents, my dad is a doctor, and my mom's a nurse, and they believe i am probably suffering from Gastritis or perhaps an Ulcer... But i am stumped as to why I would have an ulcer or gastritis because I do not take any pain pills or do drugs... Why would I have the possibility of having Gastritis or an ulcer? Anyway, I am about to begin taking some Zantac - However taking these kinds of acid-blocking medicines kind of scare me because I hear they are hard to get off of, and may have a rebound effect when you stop taking them...

My mom is going to try to make an appointment with a gastroenterologist soon. Right now I just wanna see what is the cause for all of this... I feel like the nausea is not really present at the moment, but This persistent mild burning going on is making it hard to stay focused in class ...

THANK YOU if you read all of my complaining - I'm a little bit scared tbh, i don't want this to end up being stomach cancer or something really serious....

Please respond -

I will greatly appreciate it.

***EDIT***
    I have an appointment with the stomach doctor this Friday, but I haven't taken the Zantac yet because I'm not sure if taking Zantac is the right thing to do... I don't want it to possibly mask something...
    Currently I'm having the mild burning in my abdomen that makes it hard to tell whether it's hunger... But it seems like when I eat there is no change...

SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND

Last edited by squid64; 04-15-2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason: misspelled

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    burning