It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Is this a Gluten reaction or Candida?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #1
    kaybel
    (female)

kaybel HB User
    Question Is this a Gluten reaction or Candida?

Hi all,

I have a VERY bloated belly and am about 40 pounds overweight - all weight I gained in last six months.

About 3 years ago I went on a smoothie binge; I've had weight issues my whole life, but I can always loose it when I work out. After this peanut butter/banana/kale binge I started getting really bloated. Permanently. And it got worse.

about 9 months later a naturopath dx me w/ SIBO (no testing) and I did a round of rifaxmin. It made things SO much worse.

I'm bloated, and now also have dx with fibromylgia and infertility. I have a laundry list of food allergies that were dx w/ a blood panel before all of this started, including gluten/wheat/all nuts/legumes. They aren't severe but they register a 3/6. Other allergies include severe reactions to most all animal products.

Lately I've consumed a TON of sugar (hello lattes) and rely a lot on pasta and burgers.

I can't tell if my symptoms are candida, which one nutritionist said it looks like, or a gluten reaction. I'm happy to do a blood test for candida, and this is what's weird: i FEEL hypoglycemic to the point my coworkers tell me I'm shaking and force me to eat. But I test normal every time we test for it.

Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    allergies, candida, food allergies, gluten