It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Diverticulosis Supplements Works Great For Me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
    Bigalcalbisque
    (male)

Bigalcalbisque HB User
    Diverticulosis Supplements Works Great For Me

I have had Diverticulosis for about 10 years with quite a few bouts of Diverticulitis, it was only 5 years ago that I had a Colonoscopy, I now have them about every 2 years. I have had about 7 or 8 attacks that required Antibiotics but never been hospitalized. I have been diagnosed with moderate to severe Diverticulosis, I have had several opinions by Doctors on what to do, one even recommended removing part of my Colon. I wont do that unless it is absolutely needed. So, I decided to come up with a regimen that keeps me regular, I have had no attacks or even been close to an attack for over 7 months, I have regular bowel movements once or twice a day, I do not seem to get bloated at all. The only negatives are you have to do this religiously, sometimes the bowel movements can come on fairly quickly but that doesn't happen often to me, also I can get a dose of gas that may last a few hours, it doesn't happen a lot but it does happen once in awhile, better that than the pain of an attack in my opinion. One of my Doctors also has me on a low dose of Zoloft as I am in a high anxiety profession. Obviously that is for me, I don't recommend you run out and get that but in my case the Dr thought part of my problem was the high level of anxiety due to my job. I also do Yoga once a week and try and do a workout at the Gym for 2-3 times a week.
    As a disclaimer here I want to mention most of what I am doing is my own concoction that seems to be working for me and I have asked my Pharmacist if everything that I am using is safe for me and she said yes. That does not mean it is safe for you. Here is my regimen.
    every day drink 68 ounces of water.
    In the morning mix a teaspoon of Trader Joes Psyllium Powder (any Psyllium powder will work), 1 teaspoon of Nopalina (look it up on Google), 1 scoop of Amazing Green: Original Green Superfood, 1 capsule of PB-8 Probiotic and 1 teaspoon of Equate Daily Fiber Supplement. In the Evening before you go to bed mix 1 half cap of Equate Clearlax and 2 Super Colon Cleanse capsules.
    If you feel comfortable with this then give it a shot.
    BTW: I was a moderate alcohol drinker with occasional binge drinking, I have cut way back and now normally will have 1 beer or glass of wine a week and I will do a light binge now and then, by a moderate binge I mean 8 oz of any type of alcohol over an 8 hour period, usually if I go camping or fishing. Gotta have some vice. I guess.
    Feel free to respond to this post or e-mail me if you have any questions.
    Al

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
    Bigalcalbisque
    (male)

Bigalcalbisque HB User
    Re: Diverticulosis Supplements Works Great For Me

As a follow-up. Did anyone try this method? If so did it help? As an up-date, I still have not had any symptoms at all and it has almost been a year. I went through 3 different types of anti-anxiety meds which didn't help at all. In fact they were horrible and expensive. I am now going to herbal remedies, I will post later about the results.
    Al

Closed Thread