It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Digestive problems, help!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-26-2017, 03:53 AM   #1
    ausgirl3
    (female)

ausgirl3 HB User
    Digestive problems, help!!

Hey guys, for years and years now I've had problems with bloating, constipation. Though lately it's taken a turn, it's gotten a lot worse! I am on pristiq which is an antidepressant so I know that can play a part in why I'd be so constipated.
    Currently I am consuming 2 glasses of water with 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar, honey and lemon. 18 fibre supplements and a few glasses of peppermint tea a day alongside a probiotic.
    I am still struggling to get any kind of relief!!!! It's stressing me out, not to mention so uncomfortable! Some days my bloating makes me look like I'm pregnant.
    If anyone has any advice on how to manage this, I'd love to hear from you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2017, 04:49 AM   #2
    caringnature
    (female)

caringnature HB User
    Re: Digestive problems, help!!

18 fibre supplement, that's a lot! It's worth buying natural Senna leaves and steep them in boiling water and drinking the tea. You need to make a food diary see what you're eating, could be bread, pasta etc that can cause bloating. Are you taking the vinegar for stomach issues?

Old 06-26-2017, 05:38 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Have you seen a gastroenterologist? A GI doctor can probably help you!
    Its possible that this is from GERD or another form of acid reflux...it could be your gallbladder or any number of organs...if it is as extreme as you say, you might want to get an ultrasound and get checked out!

Old 06-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #4
    ausgirl3
    (female)

ausgirl3 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Digestive problems, help!!

Caringnature -
    I have been eating little to no bread for ages as well as pasta, I do write down what I eat everyday. I weigh my food and count calories! My weight is not budging at all. I weigh 4kgs more than what I did 2 months ago which did come on very rapidly and I'm struggling to get it off. My body most definitely doesn't look the weight that it is as I weighed the weight I am now this time last year and I looked a whole lot different.

MSNik - I have booked in to see the dr tomorrow and hopefully get a referral to a specailist because this is not an easy way to live.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:23 AM   #5
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User

Re constipation what works for one person doesn't work for another. One cup of ordinary strength coffee works for my sister in law. Nuts/orange juice work for some. For me a large tumbler of warm water in the morning on an empty stomach, and prunes during the day is what works

A bloated stomach could be gallbladder trouble (pain under right ribs usually too ) Or it could be low stomach acid meaning food sticks around in the stomach going putrid

Good luck in solving your problem

Reply Reply