It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Been sick for over a year now. Please help.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #16
johnc448
Inactive
(male)

johnc448 HB User
Re: Been sick for over a year now. Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinal View Post
This is just a thought, but I know that you are looking for anything. Have you ever been tested for H. Pylori. I had the same symptoms for well over six months and really suffered with it. I told my PC that he had to do something or send me to someone that could. He did a gastroscope, going down my throat and taking a biopsy and found that I had H. Pylori, which is a really bad bacteria. He put me on two different antibiotics to take three times a day, along with a probiotic and a reflux medicine. I had to take this for three weeks but it cleared up the bacteria. I hope this helps. I know what you are going through. I have another problem now, which is gastroparesis that is equally bad.
In my original post I said:
Quote:
My first trip to the ER they gave me a 7-day mystery pill to take that was supposed to help with IBS but did nothing. I've had so many tests done it's hard to remember each one. I've had my stool tested several times for parasites. All came up negative. I asked for the medicine to take for it just in case and was given Flagyl. I took it and all it did was clear up some eczema on one of my eyelids.
They tested me for all sorts of bacteria/parasites but I'll have to write those two down (H & Pylori) specifically and ask. After months of being tested for bacteria and parasites I begged my original PC for the medicine so that I could just take it and see what happens, as you can see from what I wrote nothing really came of it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 AM   #17
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Have you been tested for H.Plylori? H.pylori is one bacteria which lives in the digestive tract. Almost everyone will have the bacteria, but for some people, it causes ulcers which can be very painful especially after eating.

IT can be treated and needs to be tested with a breath test. Every GI doctor will test for it. Do you remember doing a breath test? If you did, it was for H Pylori.

Talk to your GI doctor to be sure...but the odds of this NOT being already looked at are slim.

Last edited by MSNik; 10-24-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: sp

Old 10-24-2017, 11:01 AM   #18
johnc448
Inactive
(male)

johnc448 HB User

My primary care, the same one that kept asking me if I was drinking, asked me today to get a drug screen.

When I asked, "For What?" Her reply was "Just to see if there's something else I can put you on."

Is this a thing? Is there a drug screen you can do to see if certain medications will work better than others or is she simply fixed on the fact that I'm an alcoholic junkie? I thought they were supposed to help find a solution not think up imaginary problems.

For the record. I don't do any drugs or drink.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-24-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Reply Reply