It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

7 days post- hemorrhoidectomy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #1
Moma2017
(female)

Moma2017 HB User
7 days post- hemorrhoidectomy

I'm an 18 year old female and wanted to share some info. of my experience and to share some tips I've discovered. I had an hemorrhoidectomy done last Thursday on a small external hemorrhoid. Today is Wednesday and I feel fine, I only truly feel pain when I have a bowel movement. For the first 2-3 days I did not have a bowel movement and when I had my first one it was PAINFUL. I learned my lesson and took some milk of magnesia to soften my stool. The past 4 days I've been able to go pretty regularly. Whenever I feel like I need to go I fill the tub and sit and let it happen. Sounds disgusting to have a bowel movement in the tub but the relief from the pain is amazing! So far I've been able to stop taking Percocet 5/325mg and only take Ibuprofen 600mg as a precaution but I don't actually feel the need for it. I had 2 stitches and one of them is loose but still attached but apparently it's normal by day 7 for the stitches to be falling. I'm just concerned for the healing of the wound? I believe it's a bit open and it burns a bit when I have a bowel movement but I start college in 3 weeks but I wanted to know how long I should expect the wound to still hurt when I have a bowel movement. I've been able to do basically everything I was doing before the surgery without any pain. The only pain I have is when I have a bowel movement and that completely scares me. Hopefully you guys can share your experiences and tips with me!

Last edited by Moma2017; 08-02-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #2
Tymber
(female)

Tymber HB User
Re: 7 days post- hemorrhoidectomy

I just had surgery one week and two days ago, wondering how your doing now. I had to take Mom today about a hr ago and still nothing.

Reply Reply