It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

gastritis and loss of appetite

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
Fatis
(female)

Fatis HB User
Unhappy gastritis and loss of appetite

Hello. This is my first post here. I need some re-assurance from anybody who has ever experienced my condition. I was diagnosed with gastritis a few weeks ago. I had been on antibiotics for something else and was undergoing a stressful period. I woke up one morning feeling weak and nauseous. Also felt like there was an air pocket trapped in my throat and that was air turmoil in my tummy. I also experienced anxiety attacks and loss of appetite. I also get sharp but not so bothersome pains just below the rib cage, to the right and left. Also I get a pain where my ribs meet, which is also not so bothersome. And oh, I belch a lot. My biggest worry is I have lost appetite, and as a result, am losing weight. My doctor has run some tests on me to confirm diagnosis, and I am getting the results tomorrow. Is it normal for one to lose appetite due to gastritis? And please advise on what to eat and what not to eat. Thank you. And sorry for the long post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
Carisa
(female)

Carisa HB User
Re: gastritis and loss of appetite

Hi, did you get the test results yet?

I'm having very similar issues. In June I went on some very strong antibiotics fir a staph infection. I was very stressed out this whole summer, due to a bad reaction I had to the antibiotics. Fast forward to now, I'm having constant nausea, stomach ache, and loss of appetite. I think mine is due to GERD. But it's very confusing and scary. I've lost ten lbs, which is way too much, I now only weigh 101. I'm wondering if I have gastritis. That's how I feel..

Trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I'll be getting an upper endoscopy and an X-ray Barium test.

Last edited by Carisa; 10-02-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
gastritis, gastritis diet, gastritis food