It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Help to understand endoscopy biopsy results

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
imr10
(female)

imr10 HB User
Help to understand endoscopy biopsy results

Hi all,

I recently had an endoscopy to figure out my heartburn and burning when eating. I have the biopsy results but no interpretation for two more weeks (!). I've been on omeprazole several weeks, and my symptoms have improved (burping, burning, fatigue), but others are lingering (e.g., certain foods irritate/burn on the way down, and I have a sort of gnawing discomfort in the upper midline area - a couple fingers right of the midline especially).

If you have any thoughts on whether these biopsy results line up with my symptoms... I'd appreciate it.

A. Duodenum, Biopsy

Duodenal mucosa with normal villous architecture with no diagnostic abnormality recognized.

B. Stomach, Antrum, Biopsy

Chemical/reactive gastropathy.

C. Stomach, Fundus, Biopsy

Gastric body fundic mucosa with no diagnostic abnormality recognized.

D. CLOtest

Negative.

E. Gastroesophageal Junction, Biopsy

Squamoglandular junctional mucosa with mild chronic inflammation; there is no evidence of intestinal metapla

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply