It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Gerd but more ... gastrointestinal issues

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 02:42 AM   #1
Chiefinspector
(male)

Chiefinspector HB User
Gerd but more ... gastrointestinal issues

Okay so I'm a 34 year old male who has had heartburn almost my entire life. It's normally not debilitating and I find with elevation during sleep I'm normally okay.

That said for the past couple years I've been getting these bouts of insane symptoms that come and go away without much explanation.

4 years ago I had spinal surgery so my body is still suffering a lot of complications as a result of that I don't know if that plays into this at all..

when I get these bouts and when I eat I have almost an insatiable hunger, even after eating a normal amount I still feel hungry. I've learned that during these bouts to just Stave off that hunger because it will subside within a few hours.

Normally I will feel okay, pretty fine overall. problems normally start half an hour to an hour and a half after I begin to sleep. I will wake up with Beyond severe heartburn, I can tell my esophagus is very irritated with acid, a nasty taste in my throat, extremely gassy, constant burping burnt gas, excess salivation; just classic symptoms of heartburn but magnified. Then sometimes nausea sets in and the best thing I feel to do is to just try and vomit. when I do that it's no solid food coming up it's just acid. I can take acid reducers or heartburn treatments for this and it's almost of no effect it's like a fire hose of acid. it normally takes then about another hour to an hour and a half for me to be able to fall back asleep.

when I wake back up it's hard to drink or eat because my esophagus still feels very irritated. To me the most unusual item is the increase in apetite; it's extreme. Until I realize I'm in a bout of this and just start ignoring normal apetite levels; I can have two meals and still not be completely full.

like I said I get these bouts occasionally, they come and seem to go without reason. I can't think of anything I'm doing different or different circumstances that occur during these bouts.

Otherwise I have semifrequent heartburn of a moderate degree; normally otc remedies help and I'm ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply