It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Digestion issues that I canít figure out

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #1
Jenbra
(female)

Jenbra HB User
Digestion issues that I canít figure out

It started 2 years ago when I decided to lose weight. I was 21, 5Ē4 and 212lbs. Before I decided to change my habits, I drank a lot, ate anything and everything, and had no physical activity. When I started to lose my weight I tracked my calorie intake and got a gym membership. It all started when I had my eggs for breakfast. Which I had every morning for years. My stomach about an hour later started to bloat and I had terrible shooting pains all in my upper stomach, it would last for hours until I could finally go to the bathroom. I have cut eggs out of my diet completely now. I went to the doctor, my ultra sound and blood work have came back normal. Over the next year I would have random sensitivity here and there but nothing like I do now. Last January I finally took my fitness more seriously and started getting into body building. Going to the gym 6 days a week, I ate a very low carb diet and finally got down to my goal weight of 150lbs. I started having trouble going to the bathroom. I would be lucky if I could go once a week. For the next 6 months I stopped getting my period. The doctor tested my hormones which came back normal. In September of 2017 I finally got my period and has been normal since. But shortly after September my stomach/ digestion issues got worse. Iíve tried cutting meat, dairy, soy, gluten. My doctor has gave me and anti acid prescription which hasnít helped. I was just recently sent for an upper GI Series and that has also came back normal. I eat very clean and keep a food journal but I canít rule out any food sensitivities other than eggs. Some foods I can eat for weeks but then one day my stomach just doesnít agree with it. I take probiotics, peppermint oil, aloe Vera juice, and use ACV, digestive enzymes but nothing has made a massive difference. The pain starts once I eat and my upper stomach gets bloated and sensitive to touch, I then get back pain in the middle of my back and the pain slowly moves to my lower abdomin. It lasts from 2-5 hrs usually. Any thoughts on what this could be? Or better how to deal with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Digestion issues that I canít figure out

I would go back to the doctor who did the upper GI series and ask for more testing....one thing which comes to mind is your gallbladder; before I had mine out almost everything I ate reacted the same way....a gallbladder can go bad for no reason and you dont have to have stones...a HIDA scan and/ or Ultrasound can show if there are problems.

You might also want to be tested for bacteria..its a breath test, and easily done in any GI office..this could cause the symptoms you are talking about.

Go back to the GI doctor and say "now what?"....good luck and congratulations on getting so fit!!

Reply Reply