It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Feeling sick for almost a year but doctors canít figure out why

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-01-2018, 03:22 AM   #1
    princessareum
    (female)

princessareum HB User
    Feeling sick for almost a year but doctors canít figure out why

Iím 30 year old female and Iíve been feeling sick since end of September 2017. Iíve been to several doctors and they all gave me different diagnosis but nothing helped so far...

It started with waking up in the middle of night vomitting everything I had for dinner. This happened about 3-4 times a week. First doctor thought I had stomach ulcer. I got nausea medicine and stomach acid reducer, ate only soft gentle food. Helped a bit but it came back... then second doctor said I have GERD. More stomach acid reducer was prescribed. This continued for about 5 months then finally I got referred to see a gastroenterologist. He said I might have functional dyspepsia after endoscopy and colonoscopy came out normal. He told me not to eat anything dairy, gluten, soda and chewing gum and that was it. Next doctor wanted me to test for gallbladder. Checked for gallbladder stone, nothing. Checked for gallbladder dysfunction, it is normal. And now current doctor is having me take medicine for IBS but it is not making me feel much better. I just woke up 2 hours ago (2 am) feeling nauseous with stomach pain 😫

I donít vomit much anymore. Just in the morning clear to slightly yellow thing about 2-3 times a week. But I am still feeling nauseous, feeling full eating small amount of food, extremely bloated, I feel like I have a rock in my stomach everyday. I am consipated yet have diarrhea as well. I lost appetite especially for animal protein. Maybe itís because esting meat makes me sick even more than other food. I wasnít overweight, 130lb, now I weigh 117lb and keep losing little by little. I force to eat even a bit since I donít want to worry my husband but I end up feeling sick afterwards. Eating scares me and it is stressful thinking about eating food. I used to love cooking and eating but I dont have much energy to do so anymore. Most frustrating part is I am seeing doctors, doing everything I can but still feeling sick and no one understands how I feel...

Anyone experiencing how I am feeling now? I feel like maybe itís me going crazy because everything so far came out to be normal. I was praying to find something wrong with me so I know what I have and finally get a right treatment to get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
    MEC44
    (female)

MEC44 HB User
    Re: Feeling sick for almost a year but doctors canít figure out why

I'm on the same boat as you Except mine hasn't been that long. It's been a few months. I'm not overweight and have never had stomach issues before this. I have some of the same symptoms but no throwing up. I totally get what you mean about feeling anxious about food. It's miserable!!! I feel the same way. I feel like my whole life has been turned upside down.
    I also had a negative gallbladder ultrasound and now I'm waiting endoscopy results. I go from constipated to diarrhea and back to constipated.
    I'm so sorry your symptoms have been going on for almost a year. Just know you're not alone. I'm also trying a more holistic approach like drinking apple cider vinegar every day and taking probiotics. So far, some relief, but still having symptoms.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
    princessareum
    (female)

princessareum HB User

Oh goodness... I am so sorry that you are going through this hell! Did you get your endoscopy result yet? I went to see a doc again after waking up in the middle of the night, he said even though my result said it was normal, he still thinks my gallbladder might be causing this. Which is funny, he said we cannot trust test results 100%. And he recommended doing food allergy test. I will be getting the result next week and itís going to be interesting to find out what Iím allergic to. Maybe you should try food allergy test as well! Haha... I really hope you get to find out what is wrong so you can get better. It is good to know that there are people who understand what I am going through... we just need to stay strong and get feeling better!

Old 08-17-2018, 05:24 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Princessareum,
    I was in the same boat for almost a year of my life....my HIDA scan was normal, but my ultrasound showed sludge in my gallbladder. I found a surgeon willing to take it out and all of my problems have stopped.

This does sound like your gallbladder. Can you take your results to another GI doctor (in a different practice) and ask for a second opinion?

Old 08-17-2018, 07:24 AM   #5
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Princessareum,

I can't help but think you must have inflammation somewhere in your digestive system. Have you tried an Anti-inflammation Diet? If not, you might want to do some research on that and see if it will help.

Good luck.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

princessareum

Back to the testing you have had done. Did you have a HIDA Scan? If so, what was the numeric score? Call and get it if you don't know.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-19-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
    princessareum
    (female)

princessareum HB User

I found out I have gastroparesis today...
    I was suspecting that was it but it is just weird to finally have the answer I was looking for. Not a great news, but at least I know what is wrong with me! If you guys are going through any of symptoms I've been having, call your doctor and see if you could schedule for gastric emptying study.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
    digger47
    (male)

digger47 HB User

I went thru nearly the same thing for over a year. Only after I started using probiotics with 20million live cultures did my symptoms leave. I know that the first probiotic that I used did not work so be aware you may need trial and error.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #9
    shadez
    (male)

shadez HB User

you might have got your gastroparesis from taking all those antiacids, most of the time if you wake up the next day with still food in your stomach it means that you dont have enough acid to digest food (but still enough to burn your esophagus) .
    The food sits in your stomach undigested, this creates a lot of gas that pushes the food in your esophagus.
    I still dont know why doctors prescribe antiacids when 90% of the times the problem is the lack of enough acid to digest food.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadez For This Useful Post:
    JohnR41 (09-25-2018)
    Reply Reply