It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Reasons for inflammation

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-12-2019, 04:24 AM   #1
    Melissaadore
    (female)

Melissaadore HB User
    Reasons for inflammation

I recently had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done due to constant diarrhea and nausea and a burning feeling in my stomach. After doing numerous blood work, stool tests, ultra sound on GB, checked for celiac and lactose and different medication I really thought this was going to give me some answers.... the doctor came in and proceeded to tell me everything looked fine. No colitis,cancer or crohns. I was ecstatic to hear that but then confused as to where are my issues coming from ? She took four biopsyís all together and Iím still waiting for results for those. But thereís been inflammation in my stool samples and sometimes the diarrhea almost looks like acid and burns coming out for no reason as I do not ever eat anything spicy. I donít feel like this is just ďIBSĒ. My question is what else can cause inflammation if itís not IBD? What else can I ask my doctor to check for or test me for?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Reasons for inflammation

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Melissaadore View Post
    My question is what else can cause inflammation if it’s not IBD?
    Inflammation is a common problem because 65% of Americans are either overweight or obese. Technically, a person doesn't even have to be overweight if they have a high percentage of body fat. That's because excess body fat is inflammatory.

Also, certain highly processed foods like baked goods made with sugar and white flour are said to be the worst inflammatory foods, but there are many others. Then there are natural whole foods that are said to be anti-inflammatory.

Chronic stress or allergy can cause inflammation.

Gum disease and other bacterial infections can cause systemic inflammation.

Quote:
    What else can I ask my doctor to check for or test me for?
    Most likely your doctor already knows your height, weight and BMI. So he knows if you are overweight. But, to be certain, you should also know what your percentage of body fat is. If it's too high it could cause inflammation, even if your BMI is below 25.

As far as what your diet should consist of, medical doctors are usually not in the business of giving advice on what you should or shouldn't eat.

Reply Reply