It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Stomach issues in the middle of the night??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
    gamecockfan04
    (male)

gamecockfan04 HB User
    Stomach issues in the middle of the night??

So the past year or so Ive been awoken around 5 a.m. with extreme stomach pain, which I sit on the toilet and turn white and sweat like crazy while having diarrhea for 45 mins. This has been happening about once every other month or so, but it happened 8/19 and again 9/4. The latest episode though I ended up with horrible leg and lower back pain and I was freezing to where I had 4 blankets on and still cold. I finally fell asleep and woke up sweating from all the blankets and had diarrhea throughout the day, but feel fine today.
    What is this and has anyone else had similar issues??
    FWIW-41 y/o male
    Medications-Protonix (daily 21 years), paxil (daily 10 years)
    I have GERD (21 years)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Stomach issues in the middle of the night??

It is definitely a gastro issue and your best bet would be to have a referral to a gastroenterologist.
    In the meantime, ask your gp to give you a stool sample kit for analysis.

Can you match any of those dates with eaging out or consuming anything out of the ordinary prior to symptoms?

q

Reply Reply