It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Controlled Borborygmi!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
    Trichster14
    (female)

Trichster14 HB User
    Controlled Borborygmi!

People normally complain about how they canít get their borborygmi (loud stomach rumbling caused by the movement of gas) to stop. My case is a little different. I can CONTROL my borborygmi!
    Iíve talked to doctors and searched it up online many times, and this isnít a known condition and I havenít found any proof that anyone else has ever had this. Basically when Iím hungry, I can contract my stomach and apply pressure on it with the edge of my hand to cause it to rumble and make loud noises. When I do this around people they hate it, but to me it brings a feeling of satisfaction, especially when it does it on its own when I just leave my hand there.
    Only recently I started becoming aware that this is truly abnormal, and even though it brings me satisfaction it bothers those around me.
    Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Controlled Borborygmi!

Anytime you push on your stomach with your hand you restrict blood movement and gas movement...this is not an anomaly, this is the way the digestive system works... Sorry, but if you ask anyone whos tummy is growling to do the same, the noises will stop.

This is why when a GI doctor does a GI exam, they press hard on different areas of your tummy..it helps them feel lumps and bumps and detect pain without the flow of gas or blood to distract from what they are hearing and feeling.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
    Trichster14
    (female)

Trichster14 HB User

Iím sorry but I donít think you understood my problem. I create the rumbling and gurgling sounds with my stomach, I donít stop them. And it sometimes works when I just contract and expand my stomach.
    Thanks though!

Old 04-16-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

This sounds analogous to a neurological issue I have/used to have. I have Schizophrenia, and take antipsychotic medication for it. One of the possible side effects is a grouping of disorders known as extrapyramidal side-effects. And out of this collection of disorders, one of them is Tardive Dyskinesia. I have found that I can control this side effect. Strange. However, deciding to self-induce this side-effect sometimes gives me relief. I think it may be suppressed Tardive Dyskinesia. There are medications for TD, but since I can control it, I suppose I don't need to take them.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:25 PM   #5
    Trichster14
    (female)

Trichster14 HB User

Wow, thank you so much! So itís nothing to worry about, then?

Old 04-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #6
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trichster14 View Post
    Wow, thank you so much! So itís nothing to worry about, then?
    I am sorry for being off-topic. I was bored and had nothing better to do with my time. I wasn't trying to give you advice on anything. I was just relating in some sense. You should consult your physician if you have any medical questions or concerns regarding your health. I am not a doctor. I am sorry.

Reply Reply

Tags
    abnormal, borborygmi, stomach