It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Burning sensation around my head after eating

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #1
    tim95
    (male)

tim95 HB User
    Burning sensation around my head after eating

Hello,

For the last 2 weeks, after whatever I eat - whether it be a big meal, a light meal, a salty meal, a sugary meal, a fatty meal, a high-carb meal, a sugary snack, a salty snack - I get a burning sensation all across my head. The content or the size of what I eat does not matter. This happens whenever something enters my stomach, except for water and other liquids.

This burning sensation usually starts at the back of my head, then slowly makes its way to the top of my head where it lingers for several hours accompanied by a mild headache in my forehead. It's such a strange feeling, it feels like my scalp is burning. I feel a bit of pressure and tension on the top of my head as well. In addition to the lingering sensation, I feel sudden stings of burning sensation all around my head as well. I have to admit that I might be confusing the tension and the pressure for a burning sensation, I'm not sure. Sorry, it's really hard to describe. During all this, I feel tired and I usually end up taking a nap because it makes me feel woozy. Not dizzy, but just a sensation in my forehead that makes me sleepy.

If I had just felt woozy and sleepy after a meal, I would automatically think it's low blood sugar but this is accompanied by a headache and a burning sensation across my head so I really have no clue what it is.

I'm not sure if I should have posted this in the neurological section but since it happens after every time I eat, I decided to post it here. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tim95; 07-27-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Burning sensation around my head after eating

Two possible causes: 1) Sinusitis and 2) Occipital Neuralgia

Since everyone is different, there could be different symptoms but both of the above can cause a burning sensation in the head.

Reply Reply