It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• strange 2018 illness makes its comeback? thoughts?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #1
    espen

espen HB User
    strange 2018 illness makes its comeback? thoughts?

hello everyone! kinda new around here, so i hope this comes across okay!
    back in 2018, on february 14, i first experienced the most bizzare illness i have ever been afflicted with... i have had issues with nausea basically my whole life that died down with age, but this was something else entirely. if it helps at all, i am 22. i first experienced what ive seen people call "sulfur burps", but no nausea or anything else to accompany it. later i would just randomly be thrown into a vommitting fit; and let me tell you, these were the most violent upchucks i have ever dealt with. as we often do, i just said "well that sucked! glad it won't happen again!" i've never been more wrong! after that, these gross-burp-then-vomit-an-hour-or-so-later spells were happening biweekly on average, and this went on for a little over three months before i went to the emergency room. i want to say it was mid march when i went to a local clinic about it, and they said it was acid reflux and prescribed me omeprazole, but it didn't help me at all. so on march 23rd of 2018, i was driven to the er and i was put on fluids, had my blood taken and i was even given a ct scan. they could find nothing wrong, and after about 4 hours i was sent home and thankfully never got sick like that again- until today, anyways! (weird how its happening on valentine's day again too..) i started experiencing stomach cramping early this morning and i thought it was my cycle starting, only to find upon waking today that that isn't it. it began as some stomach pain, minor nausea and intense gurgling.... but then i burped and it all came rushing back to me. i've been to the bathroom twice today with watery waste and my stomach still has a sort of full feeling despite me not having anything today. i'm trying to keep my burping in (i know, i know) just because i don't want to toss my head into my toilet later if i can help it! i've been nibbling on saltines and taking baby sips of water, laid up in bed but i fear the worst is yet to come (aka that sickness coming back)!
    does anyone have any idea what on earth could have been giving me trouble back then and what to do now? what course of action to take? have you yourself experienced this? please, i'd love to know! i'm actually going out of my mind as an anxiety-inducing hypochondriac and would love to hear your thoughts! thanks so much! (also sorry if this isn't the appropriate board! never used a board before actually!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2021, 10:58 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: strange 2018 illness makes its comeback? thoughts?

Hi...I've never experienced it before, but my first suggestion is for you to see a gastroenterologist and have appropriate testing done.

q

Reply Reply