It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Bloating, constipation for years

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-25-2021, 07:42 AM   #1
    neddyflanders

neddyflanders HB User
    Bloating, constipation for years

Hello, I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what is wrong with me. All doctors tests are normal. Off and on for about 30 years i have had the following. Out of the blue my stomach would bloat big time, I cannot go number two, instead I get clear or white mucus, then after 4-8 days I go all at once and it looks very healthy. I'll be fine for days, then it repeats. I've tried gluten free, low fat, low carb, probiotics, fiber. I can't seem to beat it. Also I tend to get acid reflux after its been with me for awhile. I'm also going on treadmill for 35 minutes most days. Nothing works, it just seems to have to work its course. Anybody have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Bloating, constipation for years

Hi...what are the tests that you've had done?

What in general is your daily intake of food at this point?

q

Old 02-28-2021, 06:43 PM   #3
    neddyflanders

neddyflanders HB User

Tests: all blood/allergy tests. Colonoscopy and the other one with tube down the throat. Diet: Have gone gluten free last 4 months, thought it helped but now digestive system as bad as it has been. Also no dairy. I have just started increasing fiber through fruit, metamucil, to new to say how that us going. Also I'm a chocoholic so I'm trying to give that up.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Are you eating any veggies and protein, and what do you generally eat for meals? What are you drinking?

Did your doc mention IBS?

q

Old 03-02-2021, 05:18 AM   #5
    neddyflanders

neddyflanders HB User

Probably ibs-c I've been told. Though not sure. I've started drinking two glasses of metamucil a day, low sugar grape juice and water. Eat the regular three meals a day, have added fruit but very little vegetables, just don't like them. Been ok for last 4 days, besides reflux, just waiting to eat that one bad food to set it all off again. Then it's pain, bloating, not going except mucus for 5-6 days or longer.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #6
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Hi neddyflanders! Could it be a reaction to a household chemical? Can you relate your constipation and bloating to a specific activity involving a chemical cleaner, laundry detergent, clothes softener?

I'll get a similar reaction after I use a lawn pesticide. If I am not careful and I come into contact with pesticide dust, I'll suffer from bloating, cramps and constipation for around three days.

⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:51 AM   #7
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Neddy...
    You say drinking metamucil...is it the flavoured one?
    q

Old 03-02-2021, 07:07 PM   #8
    neddyflanders

neddyflanders HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Neddy...
    You say drinking metamucil...is it the flavoured one?
    q
    Orange with real sugar. Though I just started drinking this a week ago. Have had problems for about a month. Only time in last 20 years I didn't have it was when I exercised myself to exhaustion every day.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #9
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Exercised to exhaustion sounds scary.

Look into the low fodmap diet...its possible that might help.

q

Reply Reply