It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• I can't eat anymore

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-24-2021, 04:18 PM   #1
    emiko
    (female)

emiko HB User
    I can't eat anymore

Since about 6 weeks ago I wasn't able to eat anything but baby food and juices. This started with sudden onset of severe abdominal pain (felt like someone stabbed me in the gut) so bad that both my arms went weak and I couldn't move or speak til the pain subsided.

Starting yesterday I can't eat any food anymore, not even baby food or juice. I'm just living off of water and broth now. I cannot eat because when I do I get the most severe, agonizing abdominal pain imaginable and my pulse and BP shoots up super high. As long as I don't eat anything I seem to be able to barely tolerate the constant pain. I have gone to the doctors with no help and not sure what to do.

I was put on protonix and it did nothing and possibly made me worse. I went to the ER once for the severe stomach pain and they only tested my heart (EEG) and said I wasn't having a heart attack, tested me for COVID (neg) and sent me home. I went to urgent care and they said my CBC and BMP looked fine and tested me for COVID (neg) and sent me home. I have had no stomach or abdomen scans or tests. I don't think being unable to eat or having stomach pain this bad for this long is normal. I have a referral to gastroenterology but will not be able to get an appointment for at least another month. I have already lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks and that was when I was still able to eat baby food and juice. I don't know what to do. I cannot switch doctors because I am on an HMO and they won't allow me to see anyone other than my current team at the hospital I have been going to.

Any suggestions on how to approach this with my care team? Or how I can maintain nutrition and weight when I cannot eat? I cannot even tolerate juice anymore.

EDIT 10/25: It's C. difficile

Last edited by emiko; 10-25-2021 at 04:15 PM. Reason: C. difficile

The following user gives a hug of support to emiko:
    quincy (10-25-2021)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2021, 08:22 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: I can't eat anymore

I feel for you...extremely frustrating. Were you checked for H. Pylori?
    q

Old 10-25-2021, 08:31 AM   #3
    emiko
    (female)

emiko HB User

Yes, negative.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:10 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Since you learned today that you have C Diff...are you on a treatment plan?

Old 10-26-2021, 08:25 AM   #5
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

emiko, Best of luck getting rid of C-diff!

I contracted C-diff in 2017, caused after taking the antibiotic clindamycin.

I was finally cured of C-diff on Sept 12, 2017 after six long month's of misery.

Victims have different reactions to C-diff but I'll post what I experienced.

I suffered from diarrhea throughout each day. I was very weak, and felt very sickly, for several months after I contracted C-diff. My feet, ankles and legs ballooned painfully, and I was so weak that I had to lift up my legs with my hands to get dressed. I had problems eating anything! The only good "symptom" was that I was able to sleep (escape) frequently throughout the day.

It took me six months to get rid of C-diff. I first took the antibiotic flagyl, but after stopping it, the C-diff came back with a vengeance. Next I took the antibiotic vancomycin, but, even though I felt much better on the vancomycin, the C-diff came back after I stopped taking it. Next I took another round of vancomycin followed by a tapering, but that didn't stop the C-diff either! Finally ten days of the wonderful antibiotic dificid came to my rescue and the C-diff was gone! My strength slowly and gradually came back and I have fully recovered both physically and digestively.

I hope that you have a faster recovery from C-diff than I had!

Regards, Bob

⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #6
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Ohh, I see C. Difficile. At least you have a diagnosis.
    FMT...Fecal Microbiota Transplant...is almost a sure thing for treatment if the antibiotic treatment doesn't help.

Please keep us updated.

q

Reply Reply