It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Mystery GI Upset - help?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-16-2022, 02:51 PM   #1
    YvesAdele
    (female)

YvesAdele HB User
    Unhappy Mystery GI Upset - help?

For months now, my stomach has been roiling in upset, and I cannot discern why.

It's not low blood sugar, it's not dehydration, it's not a food allergy. I've tried tums, pepto, and zofran (I can't think if I've tried anything else - this has been going on a long while now). I have almost completely cut out coffee - which doesn't seem to make a difference anyway. I'm being careful not to eat inflammatory/acidic foods, and I'm getting all my electrolytes. I rarely drink (less than once a month).

I do have POTS due to low blood volume, and anemia (obviously, haha), but I've been struggling with those things for over a year and the stomach upset is new. I've also recently come off an SSRI (I tapered off Paroxetine, last dose in December). I wonder if this development has to do with that? And if so, does anyone have suggestions (sans those mentioned above) for how to relieve it?

It does not cause me to vomit, and my bowel movements have been normal.

The only remedy I've found that's even remotely successful is cannabis, and even that does very little (and I won't use it during the day if I have places to be, because I'm not comfortable driving).

It's so hard to eat, sleep, shower, work, etc. when I feel queasy and weak all the time. Any and all help is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2022, 08:41 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Mystery GI Upset - help?

Hi...have you seen a doctor, had testing done yet?

How is your blood pressure?

I suggest you request a referral to a gastroenterologist and at the very least be tested for H. Pylori, maybe have upper barium swallow, and/or upper endoscopy and be checked for a possible hernia.

Hope this helps,

q

Reply Reply

Tags
    help asap, nausea, queasy, stomach discomfort