It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• BRAVO test for acid reflux

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-10-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User
    BRAVO test for acid reflux

Has anyone had this test instead of the PH probe test. Comments, please, good and bad. My Dr. has sugggested it but I don't want to be a guinia(sp) pig

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2003, 04:47 PM   #2
    bombolina
    (female)

bombolina HB User
    Post Re: BRAVO test for acid reflux

Hello-

I Had My Bravo Probe Test Done 12/5/03. They Sedate You Pretty Good So You Don't Feel Much. But It Was Uncomfortable. You Could Feel The Attached Capsule. They Attach It To Your Esophagus. Just Simply Drinking Water Felt Bad. I Was Still Able To Eat Though. It Felt Like Things Got Stuck. After 48 Hours The Walkman They Give You Shuts Off And You Pass The Capsule. You Don't Feel Anything When You Pass It. I Would Recommend Having It Done. Especially If The Reflux Is Causing A Problem. I Have My Consultion With The Dr For Surgery Jan 2. I Am Scared But In The Long Run It Will Be Better Than Having Stomach Pain And Acid Reflux. Good Luck!!!

Old 12-22-2003, 09:35 PM   #3
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: BRAVO test for acid reflux

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bombolina
    Hello-

I Had My Bravo Probe Test Do And Acid Reflux. Good Luck!!!
    Thanks for info. I have Barretts though last endo it did not show up. I do not have many symptoms but since I had Barretts obviously I had reflux. I have what is called silent GERD. So the question is do I still have it to be determined by testing or do I just assume I have it and take the PPI's. For sure I am not going anything until after next endo because last endo showed severe gastritis and polyps is duodemun. That was something unseen on previous endo 10 months earlier. A complete surprise. I have minimal symptoms. Occasionally a brief burning but nothing major. Will have to decide whether I want test or just take the PPI's and figure I do.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:06 PM   #4
    bombolina
    (female)

bombolina HB User
    Post Re: BRAVO test for acid reflux

They inserted the Bravo probe when I had my endo. I didn't feel a thing. It only stays in you for 48 hours. The PPI's helped for a little bit. But I am now ready for sugery. The thought of that scares me. I have had a hiatal hernia since I was 18. Then diagnosed with GERD and IBS in 1998. I am 30 but sometimes feel like I am 60.LOL My diet and stress has alot to do with my health. The probe was not really a big deal. But uncomfortable after it is implanted. But if you have silent GERD they should still be able to monitor your symptoms. GOOD Luck!!

Old 12-23-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: BRAVO test for acid reflux

thanks again. I asked about having it with my endo. That makes sense to me. It is because I cannot tell if I have GERD that he suggested it. If you can feel the burn I don't understand why you need the test anyway. I am not a candidate for surgery because I am 67 and have emphysema. I will just wait till next endo which will be checking to see if polyps are gone.

Closed Thread