It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Primal Defense ~ does it work?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
    Kia3238
    Inactive
    (female)

Kia3238 HB User
    Exclamation Primal Defense ~ does it work?

I have IBS. I have not gotten any relief from anything I've tried. I've read about Primal Defense and it's amazing benefits. I hear it takes some time to work. I have a couple questions - How long does it usually take to start feeling 'better'? What experiences has anyone had with this product?

Last edited by Kia3238; 12-01-2003 at 05:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 07:10 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Re: Primal Defense ~ does it work?

Kia,

As you know IBS is a syndrome and not a disease. It has many and varied symptoms for everyone that has it. There is a connection between the mind and gut that causes diarrhea. The treatment is to break that connection with a low dose of an anti depressant.

I don't know what condition you are trying to help with Primal Defense--- it is a probiotic supplement that is suppose to be useful in re-colonizing the intestines with friendly bacteria. I don't think it could help the mind-gut connection problem.

I take 2 daily and have for a year just to help but I could not say positively it's has helped. I also eat yogurt and drink Kefir sometimes.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:15 PM   #3
    Kia3238
    Inactive
    (female)

Kia3238 HB User

Hello, I know IBS is not a disease. I have alot of intestinal gas pressure and I feel fatigued. I heard Primal Defense is good for this.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:34 PM   #4
    nyxin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kia3238
    Hello, I know IBS is not a disease. I have alot of intestinal gas pressure and I feel fatigued. I heard Primal Defense is good for this.

hello Kia,
    i had a very bad infection in my colon, i was on 10 anti-biotics a day to kill it. the anti-biotics killed everything. they made me so sick, i felt sicker on the anti-biotics than with the infection. a friend gave me some primal defense, it looked so gross, but i drank it (put it in water) every morning. after the 2nd or 3rd day my stomach was almost back to normal. it is amazing, for any GI problem, definatley worth a try. best of luck to you, and if you are having GI problems from anxiety, talk to your doc, but primal defense is great.

Closed Thread