It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Lower abdomina stomach pain and reflux, doctors aren't helping - Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
    gabe107
    (male)

gabe107 HB User
    Lower abdominal stomach pain and reflux, doctors aren't helping - Please help!

I have been having strange symptoms that dont make any sense. First of all I am 26 years old and have always been relatively healthy. I am pretty active and have always gone to the gym.

It all started a year ago when I started to get pain in my lower right abdomen. It didn't go away and go progressively worse over 1 month until I went to the emergency room. I had a CT scan and an x-ray and it turned up nothing. They diagnosed me with an abdominal wall injury so I dismissed it and bared with the pain until it went away.

A couple months ago I was out drinking with some friends and had too much and ended up throwing up. The next day I had terrible pain in my stomach with tons of burning and reflux. I bared with the pain and took Zantac that a doctor perscribed. That didn't help. Then I started taking Pepcid and that helped me moderetly. The doctor sent me to another CT Scan and x-ray that again turned up nothing. No i'm on Prilosec and it is helping me a lot but not fixing the problem.

In addition to my pain as a result of heat burn my pain that I associated with an abdomina wall injury is back, and when I press on it, it radiates to the surrounding area. I also had a my Gall blader and liver checked out and it seems fine. It is very strange because I have been taking H2 blockers and PPI for 3 months now and if it was an ulcer or gastritis it would have gone away.

I have always had the strongest stomach and now have daily pain, food helps with some of the symptoms. I have found that recently I have to go to the bathroom shortly after eating, the food passes right through me, but is solid when it comes out.

I have scheduled an endoscopy for next month. Does anyone have any advise?

Last edited by gabe107; 12-02-2003 at 10:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2003, 06:14 PM   #2
    gabe107
    (male)

gabe107 HB User
    Re: Lower abdominal stomach pain and reflux, doctors aren't helping - Please help!

Well I have a couple new developments. I stopped taking Prilosec after my reflux went away. Currently I am having very serious pain in my right side area. I have no diarrhea and have an increased appetite. I am vey worried that it relates to my colon. Can anyone tell me if there is an acute form of IBD that doesn't cause diarrhea?

Old 12-23-2003, 04:22 PM   #3
    ELDERPANTHER
    (male)

ELDERPANTHER HB User
    Re: Lower abdominal stomach pain and reflux, doctors aren't helping - Please help!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gabe107
    Well I have a couple new developments. I stopped taking Prilosec after my reflux went away. Currently I am having very serious pain in my right side area. I have no diarrhea and have an increased appetite. I am vey worried that it relates to my colon. Can anyone tell me if there is an acute form of IBD that doesn't cause diarrhea?

What kind of Gall Bladder test did you have? I had a lot of pain on my right side just under the rib cage. They did all kinds of GB tests and they all came back negative. I finally got them to do a HIDA scan on the GB and found out my GB was only working at 20% of normal. Had GB removed and pain has subsided but am now experiencing some post GB surgery issues. Nothing is easy when you are messing with your digestive system. I have also heard that those that have had laproscopic hernia surgery can experience severe abdominal wall pain due to the blind placement of the staples.

Good Luck to you.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
    isolated one
    Inactive

isolated one HB User
    Re: Lower abdomina stomach pain and reflux, doctors aren't helping - Please help!

I wonder if it's your appendix acting up. I had mild on and off lower abdominal pain for about two years, including a scary two day episode of sharp pain in the lower right side that slowly went away on it's own. When I had my next round of strong lower abdominal symptoms, I went to the ER and they removed my appendix. I haven't had any type of abdominal pain I'd mentioned ever since.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:14 PM   #5
    gabe107
    (male)

gabe107 HB User
    Re: Lower abdomina stomach pain and reflux, doctors aren't helping - Please help!

The last tests I had done were an abdominal ultrasound and blood work to check my liver enzymes, for anemia and gall bladder. Everything came back normal. So at this point I am stumpped. Also, my appetite is especially good these days, I am just as hungry at 26 as I was at 15.

One other symptom is I go to the bathroom about 5 times a day with solid bowl movements, but they are either thin or small pieces. Is there any kind of condition where someone digests their food too fast? Are there any parasites that cause pain in the colon / intestinal area (lower right)?

Old 12-24-2003, 09:51 AM   #6
    boz
    (female)

boz HB User
    Smile Re: Lower abdomina stomach pain and reflux, doctors aren't helping - Please help!

Hi,
    Check what you have eaten during the previous 24 hours.
    You may find the bowel movements relate to certain types of food.
    ie:- fats, or greasy fast foods .
    I sometimes have the same sort of thing as you mentioned, and I know why. ------ mine is always fat related.

Closed Thread