It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• diarhrea and pain under right rib

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2004, 05:22 PM   #1
    babyjd

babyjd HB User
    diarhrea and pain under right rib

I have experienced diarhea for about ten years now. It was very mild at first but seems to have gotten worse in the last year or so. I have just started to keep track of it and in the last 24 days I have had d for times. The first time I had d five times within an hour. I had terrible cramping and nausea. Once the d bout is over with I feel alot better but am unable to eat. The next day I will have terrible gas pains that dont seem to be able to escape. Gas-x helps somewhat. I also have been noticing a slight girgle feeling near my kidney area. And just recently a pain under my right rib. It almost feels a bit hard in that area. After I have the d I wont go to the bathroom for about a week. I also have terrible gas. Sorry to sound so graphic but really smelly gas. Anyway there is no pattern to when I will get d and its not anything specific food wise. It has really affected my life because I never know when I will get it so Im afraid to go anywhere. I am calling the doctor tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else can relate. Desperate for an answer. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 07:02 AM   #2
    Katie G
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
    Smile Re: diarhrea and pain under right rib

Quote:
    Originally Posted by babybuttjd
    I have experienced diarhea for about ten years now. It was very mild at first but seems to have gotten worse in the last year or so. I have just started to keep track of it and in the last 24 days I have had d for times. The first time I had d five times within an hour. I had terrible cramping and nausea. Once the d bout is over with I feel alot better but am unable to eat. The next day I will have terrible gas pains that dont seem to be able to escape. Gas-x helps somewhat. I also have been noticing a slight girgle feeling near my kidney area. And just recently a pain under my right rib. It almost feels a bit hard in that area. After I have the d I wont go to the bathroom for about a week. I also have terrible gas. Sorry to sound so graphic but really smelly gas. Anyway there is no pattern to when I will get d and its not anything specific food wise. It has really affected my life because I never know when I will get it so Im afraid to go anywhere. I am calling the doctor tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else can relate. Desperate for an answer. Thanks

Good for you to call your doctor. Unfortunately, many digestive disorders have similar symptoms; you could have gall bladder disease, ulcer, GERD, IBS, etc., etc. Let your doctor figure out what's wrong and then once you know, please post and your questions/concerns can be addressed.

Good luck to you,
    Katie G

Old 01-12-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
    babyjd

babyjd HB User
    Re: diarhrea and pain under right rib

Hi Katie G thanks for responding its nice to know that people care. Not many people have replied and thats a little discouraging. I thought someone else may have had similar symptoms. Anyway my appt. is next tuesday in the morning. Im sure they wont do to much that day. Maybe a blood test or something but I will definetly keep posting on my progress. Thanks again. Shannon

Old 01-22-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
    hallmatt
    (male)

hallmatt HB User
    Re: diarhrea and pain under right rib

How's the progress going for you? I'd be interested to hear what it turned out to be or if they've found anything.

My problem turned out to be gallbladder (hopefully that is all). You may find some similarities with my symptoms here:

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=144243[/url]

Closed Thread