It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Feeling of something stuck in throat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
    zoviet1

zoviet1 HB User
    Feeling of something stuck in throat

Hi all,

for the last 1 1/2 years i have had the sensation of something stuck in my throat right below my larnyx on the left side. Occasionally my left ear hurts or feels full (like there is pressure). I can hear fine though. I have been to two ENT's who both but a scope down. The first one said he didnt see anything. The second one said my larnyx was red he also looked deep inside my ear with that super microscope thingy they use. He had me hold me nose and blow out my ear, and swallow. he said my eardrum was not moving when I performed these tests. He said i have no signs indicating cancer. I have ALOT of indegestion, acid regurgitation, and burping. can indigestion cause a feeling of something stuck in throat??? like i said, its way up, right below my larnyx. should I try something like prevacid??? what about the ear thing, can indigestion cause any problems like that??

thanks,
    Daniel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2004, 04:39 AM   #2
    Saraly
    Inactive

Saraly HB User
    Re: Feeling of something stuck in throat

I have exactly the same thing only on the right side. I know at one time I swallowed a huge vitamin pill and it stuck for a while. The doctor said I probably scratched my throat and caused an irritation. I have GERD and when my reflux is bad so is the throat feeling and pain in the ear. I have read many messages on GERD support boards by others who have the same thing.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:53 AM   #3
    Tasha2003
    (female)

Tasha2003 HB User

I've got this problem right now. My Reflux/GERD has flared up, and I'm trying to do what they suggested and take my Tagamet twice a day. But,I feel like pills and things are getting stuck in my throat, and I feel like I have scraped it somehow.

It is very annoying and I can't see anything to do about it but let it heal.

Last edited by moderator4; 03-09-2004 at 09:37 PM.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #4
    cantfind12

cantfind12 HB User

Here is something interesting. It's probobaly not the case but what the heck.
    I have had swallowing trouble for years and recently found a doctor that is very interested in it. Since I live close to the Canadian Border he asked me if I had any French-Canadian in me. I do not, but he went on to explain that there is a swallowing malady that effects only French-Canadians and the difficulty is in the upper portion of the throat. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix. Good luck

Last edited by moderator4; 03-12-2004 at 11:24 PM.

Old 03-13-2004, 07:24 AM   #5
    girlygirly
    Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Have you had your thyroid tested? Feelining like something stuck in your throat is a symptom and it could explain why they didin't see anything when looking down your throat. Acid reflux is also a symptom of thyroid disease. You may want to look at the thyroid board and see if you can relate to any of the other symptoms.

Good Luck!!!

Old 04-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #6
    White Cloud

White Cloud HB User

I have got the same problem right now ENT doctor did a scope down in the back of my throat and told me that my larnyx was red and inflame. He said that I have acid reflux and put me on Protonix for 8 weeks, I have take Protonix for four week and 2 day ago I start get severe adominal pain, my mom rush me to the ER and they did all kind of test ( Endoscopy, COlonoscopy, X_ray, Cat scan, Ultra sound...blood test..) everything is normal, I went home and keep taking Protonix..same thing happen which I again have severe abominal pain and diarrhea ( by the way..this reaction may have something to do with Restylane injection I did one week ago) if anyone know something...please helppppp...I can't take protonix or prevacid anymore..what can i do????

Old 04-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #7
    sue213

sue213 HB User

I had the same sensation of something being stuck in my throat for the last 3 years. Been to 2 Gastroenteroligist(sp?), accupuncture, and have taken nexium, aciphex, and herbs. The only difference between today and in the beginning, is now I have heartburn & intergestion to go along with the sensation. Trying magnesium and calcium and praying this is the answer to my problem.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:03 PM   #8
    White Cloud

White Cloud HB User

Sue123 did you see ENT doctor?? did he/she scope down your throat???

Old 04-04-2004, 11:11 PM   #9
    sue213

sue213 HB User

I had 2 endoscopes done. Can't find out what the problem is.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #10
    momo5252
    (male)

momo5252 HB User

CantFind12 can you tell me what doctor told you about the problem that French Canadians have with swallowing. I've been to numerous doctors who can't find anything wrong with me but I still have problems swallowing.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #11
    Funky Chick

Funky Chick HB User

I have had a feeling of a lump in my throat for 18 months. It has been diagnosed as Globus Hystericus, which is so frustrating as this is a stress related problem and I am not stressed! I am on Citalopram and something for reflux and it seems to have got rid of it for now.

Closed Thread