It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Strange, unexplained abdominal pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2004, 10:04 AM   #1
    nan65

nan65 HB User
    Strange, unexplained abdominal pain

Hello; I hope someone can shed some light on this. I have pain that started last Wednesday night. I was lying in bed and rolled over to get comfortable and adjust the covers. When I rolled over, I noticed a pain in my upper abdomen...the movement seemed to trigger the pain. It's been 5 days now and it still hurts. The pain was moving around my entire abdomen the first few days, but the last 2-3 days or so it is concentrated on my middle abdomen, about 2 inches or so above my navel. It is not a crampy, burning or stitch like pain...it actually feels like I did 10,000 abdominal crunches and then got punched repeatedly in my stomach! It hurts (a lot) when I press on it and it is affected by movement. Okay, I just walked down the hallway and noticed that when I'm walking and my abdominal area is more stretched out, the pain also goes up and to the left side. It really feels sore! Like a bruise almost...tender and painful. Otherwise, I don't feel sick at all...no fever, nothing like that. Eating and drinking does not seem to affect it. Any clues? I can't go to the doctor until next week (when my insurance kicks in), so I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2004, 08:36 AM   #2
    Tweety22

Tweety22 HB User
    Re: Strange, unexplained abdominal pain

You should go to the doctor as soon as you can and get checked for a hernia.

Old 03-23-2004, 10:59 AM   #3
    nan65

nan65 HB User
    Re: Strange, unexplained abdominal pain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tweety22
    You should go to the doctor as soon as you can and get checked for a hernia.
    Well, I wound up going to the doctor today and he ruled out hernia and appendicitis. He also said it does not appear to be my liver or gallbladder. His first thought is that it may be my pancreas. He did a blood test today and scheduled me to come back in next Friday when my insurance finally goes into effect. Has anyone had problems with their pancreas and does this sound like what it is? I have no nausea and eating does not seem to affect it in any way. The pain does seem to radiate upward and around to my back. He also mentioned a gallstone trapped in the pancreatic duct.

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by nan65; 03-23-2004 at 11:01 AM.

Closed Thread