It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Do Colonics Get Rid of Bloat????HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
    brandy76
    (female)

brandy76 HB User
    Do Colonics Get Rid of Bloat????HELP

I posted a similiar question in the Womens health section. My stomach's been constantly bloated no matter what time of day. I've even been dieting to see if my stomach would go down, but its still bloated.

Now I'm not sure if its the birth control pills, but If I get a high-colonic will that help? What are the dangers in doing that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2004, 04:17 PM   #2
    Stacey82
    Inactive

Stacey82 HB User
    Re: Do Colonics Get Rid of Bloat????HELP

HI there... I suffer from the same thing... You'll have to get to a dr. in order to find out the cause of your abdominal bloating. I had a colonic done about 6 months ago and it was amazing. I felt like a million bucks afterwards, my skin was even glowing!... However it only lasted for a few months and the bloating has returned. I can't see colonics being a bad thing because they are done by registered nurses. It's actually good for you because it cleans your intestines of debry and any blockage. As long as the water used has enough PH in it to put back into your body- just make sure you get your colonic done at a health clinic where a nurse would be doing it.
    Colonics are a great temporary fix it worked for me!

Old 05-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #3
    brandy76
    (female)

brandy76 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stacey82
    HI there... I suffer from the same thing... You'll have to get to a dr. in order to find out the cause of your abdominal bloating. I had a colonic done about 6 months ago and it was amazing. I felt like a million bucks afterwards, my skin was even glowing!... However it only lasted for a few months and the bloating has returned. I can't see colonics being a bad thing because they are done by registered nurses. It's actually good for you because it cleans your intestines of debry and any blockage. As long as the water used has enough PH in it to put back into your body- just make sure you get your colonic done at a health clinic where a nurse would be doing it.
    Colonics are a great temporary fix it worked for me!
    Thanks! Now a few more ?'s:
    1. Is the procedure painful or do you eventually get used to that aparatus being inserted?
    2. how long does the procedure take?
    3. Are there any "accidents" after you leave the office - like should I rush home or are you all "cleaned out"

Old 05-17-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
    farscape66
    Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User

Here is my experience:
    1) Slight paiin on insertion of aparatus otherwise just slight cramping or gas pains.
    2) Took 45 minutes
    3) They encourage you to wait 10 minutes before driving home, just to be sure you are ready to avoid any accident.
    _______
    I have had 4. my 5th is this wednesday. They are great!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread