It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• odorless and painless diarrhea :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
    ihatepizza

ihatepizza HB User
    odorless and painless diarrhea :(

This is quite embarrassing to even post but for the past three days, I've been experiencing odorless and painless, extreme diarrhea. Everytime I go to the bathroom it happens...even after taking Pepto and Maalox. I find this quite strange and was just wondering if I should be worried?? Not to be gross, but normally shouldn't it be foul smelling and painful? I had pizza on Sunday from a take out place and also gave a few slices to my friend on Monday... he now is also having the same problems. Is this a form of food poisoning? Should I see a doctor about this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 12:24 PM   #2
    Katie G
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
    Smile Re: odorless and painless diarrhea :(

Sounds like a trip to the doctor is in order. If your diarrhea continues that is. Diarrhea isn't always smelly or painful - my bile salt diarrhea related to gall bladder removal was rarely foul smelling, and would just come out of nowhere with minimal warning (no pain or belly rumbling).

However, any time you have a change in bowel habits which continues for a week or more, it's time to get medical attention to determine what's happening.

Good luck to you.

Katie G

Closed Thread