It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• FOODS WHILE IN A FLARE!. SOS!, HELP!, lol

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #1
    Moonbeamdarlene

Moonbeamdarlene HB User
    FOODS WHILE IN A FLARE!. SOS!, HELP!, lol

Hey ya'll, I have gastritis, ibs and Gerd, having a real hard time eating. So far, I'm finding that I can eat plain rice, soda crackers and bolyon (my spelling rots), graham crackers, only water for drinking. THATS IT FOLKS. I've been in a flare for 2 1/2 months now. PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS FOR FOOD!..PURDY PWEEESE!!!!. I worry about getting enough protien, so far I've lost about 30 pounds which is ok because I could stand to loose more. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE tell me what you ate untill you got your Gerd or Digestive Problem under controll. I sure would appreciate it..... A WHOLE LOT!.

BTW...Today I ate a piece of baked chicken,,,WHOA NELLY!,,,I was in pain for hours after that, thank God for Gaviscon....the ONLY thing that works for me. Darlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 04:57 PM   #2
    Socagrl
    (female)

Socagrl HB User
    Re: FOODS WHILE IN A FLARE!. SOS!, HELP!, lol

i am sorry you are in so much discomfort, i too share the feelings. i am having a major flare up myself, GERD, diarrhea, heartburn- my stomach is on flames- good god it's terrible.

I eat a piece of french bread with a small piece of low fat cheese, i eat dry cereal, bananas, rice, cooked green beans last night that seemed to agree, yogurt with grapenuts. its pretty limited though.

do you ever get a sore throat or cough from all the acid reflux?

Old 10-20-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
    Moonbeamdarlene

Moonbeamdarlene HB User
    Re: FOODS WHILE IN A FLARE!. SOS!, HELP!, lol

A few times I have gotten that, one time I woke up with reflux so bad, it left me with a sore throat for 4 days. Sometimes I get the cough. If I'm taking antacids or H2's or PPI's, I don't get the heartburn, cough or sore throat. I have been on Prilocec, Acephex, Protenex and Nexium, they all make me worse after a few days of taking them. I really thought Nexium was my miricle, I felt great the first 6 days, then WHAP,,,it seemed to burn my stomach. Only one left to try is Previcid,,,doubtful it will be any different though. My problem now is getting things healed up, been almost 3 months now. I"m wondering just how long it takes to get healed. I have found that if I stray from the very bland diet at all, it flares things up even worse for days. My God, there has to be a end to this misery. I have to eat very small amounts frequently during the day. If I eat chicken, it just lays there for hours and I pay all night. Needless to say, I am not having fun at all. I"ve never had such a unrelenting sickness before, with the exception of a case of Gastritis I had about 20 years ago, that took months also. [ removed ] Darlene

Last edited by moderator2; 10-20-2004 at 08:04 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Closed Thread