It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Side "stitch?"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
    weez
    (female)

weez HB User
    Side "stitch?"

A few months ago I got a terrible side "stitch" when I was out walking - on my left side. A couple of weeks later I started getting heartburn, a feeling that my food wasn't going all the way down and then about a month after that IBS symptoms and pain in another area on my left side (almost at the center). This second area is right below my ribs. The symptoms come and go to some extent and pain #2 gets worse with eating while pain #1 gets worse when I tighten my stomach muscles or with movement. This seems very weird to me that I would have two different left side stomach issues going on at the same time. I have a doctors appointment lined up but I'd love to know if any of this sounds familiar to anyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2004, 02:31 AM   #2
    bullun
    Veteran

bullun HB User
    Re: Side "stitch?"

I can relate to your "side stitch" type pain. I suffered from this on my left side also. Along with different left side pain, and overall abdominal cramping. Initially my doctors said ulcer or gastritis. However, when diarrhea followed for over a week, I thought it was more than that! I've since taken gluten out of my diet and all dairy products. It may or may not be your issue, but the digestive system is a intricate one. So the two different pains ont he same side I don't believe are that unusual or alarming. Think how odd gas pains can be, they can be all over in your body, some people even mistake them for the heart and/or heart attack symptoms! Good luck with your appointment, and ask about potential ulcer, GERD, or food intolerances..

Closed Thread