It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• new here Esophagus, gerd, heart?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2004, 04:31 PM   #1
    witchymomma

witchymomma HB User
    new here Esophagus, gerd, heart?

Ok I am new to this board so I will startw ith saying hello. And my name is Amy.
    I have been having this digestive stuff for awhile now. Started back i April I was excersing alot doing pilates etc. I started burping alot and alot of gas ingeneral. I would feel the gas build in my chest and then i would burp I also had some stomach discomfort. Then started what felt like heart palps or flips. I went to Dr he did EKG 2 of them i wor a holter moniter and showed nothing. I seen my CHiro whom says I have a hiatal hernia and some minor gallbladder issues I dont know if the heart palp is palp or a spasm of some sort cause after i feel it I will burp alot of the time. I have been getting better with Chiro treatment and adjusting my hernia but some days I still feel its my heart. I have been reassured its not and at worst its all the irritation to my vagus nerve stimulating my heart UGGHH. At most times i am ok with it all but some days its scarey. I also get the senstion something is stuck in my chest and or someone is sticking something right through me into my back
    Does any of this some familar to anyone.

thanks
    amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #2
    tanp

tanp HB User
    Re: new here Esophagus, gerd, heart?

I am sorry I cannot really help you with your question. Just wanted to say I hope you find what the problem is. Maybe avoid anything gassy and eat slowly/chew food well.

tan

Old 10-31-2004, 12:41 PM   #3
    not40

not40 HB User

i have a situation like yours Amy. I too go to the chiro for it. the gastro doctor said it is digestive spasms. i have the feeling in my chest like something is sticking in it and the problem in my back too.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #4
    lannen

lannen HB User

I have the exact same feeling. It is generally on my left side too. What to do?

Old 11-02-2004, 02:09 AM   #5
    payton
    (male)

payton HB User

i am currently in chiropractic school. last yr. i have the exact same issue. first off i have diagnosed myself with a hiatal hernia. now. if you two have been on any meds, that be a contributing factor. any meds even small doses can lead to gastritis, this will mimic GERD, Hiatal Hernia, and other GI disturbances. the chest aspect is surely pointing me to hiatal hernia. these hernia's can tickle so to speak your vagus nerve and have a funny feeling as far as the palps go. the excess gas and bloating may be d/t yoiur normal flora getting a little out of control. if either of you have been taking proton pumo inhibitors such as nexium, prilosec or other OTC meds for heart burn this can lead to a high ph (a basic environment) which is not good. the acidity that is considered normal in your stomach keeps the normal flora in check, when these proton pump inhibitors are taken they can get a little out of control and lead to major digestive problems. do some research and get that back in order and maybe that will resolve that aspect of your problem. anyway, i know exactly what you are talking about with the substernal chest pain, it can be so severe as to mimic an M.I. well good luck.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #6
    not40

not40 HB User

thanks payton, keep us posted on your schooling and anything else you learn!

Old 11-05-2004, 08:20 AM   #7
    lannen

lannen HB User

Payton, what if ultrasounds have not found any ulcers or hernia's? Are they hard to spot?
    I've also heard from another Chiro that sometimes an out of whack rib can cause chest pains? What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks

Closed Thread