HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Digestive Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/)
-   -   Ever since drastic weigh loss have had tingling/numbness in my legs (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/222451-ever-since-drastic-weigh-loss-have-had-tingling-numbness-my-legs.html)

jhamilton30 11-06-2004 12:05 PM

Ever since drastic weigh loss have had tingling/numbness in my legs

I have posted many times on this board but I have noticed a new problem.
I don't know if this has anything to do with what is going on with me but if you have read my previous posts you know I have had stomach problems for about 3 months now.
I have lost a tremendous amount of weight (close to probably 70 pounds in 3 months).
The inside of my calves from about half way down my calf to my ankle and sometimes behind my knees it feels tingly, almost numb. I noticed my legs felt weird last week when I was shaving my legs but its a constant feeling. If i rub my legs there where I have those feelings or scratch my legs to try to get the feeling back it has a weird tingling sort of burning feeling for a few minutes then goes away.
I am worried I have done some major nerve damage or blot clots in my legs.
How would I know if I have blot clots in my legs? I am worried that if I do that one of them will come loose and cause me to have a heart attack or and embolism. I was watching something on tv on a health special that obese people are at risk for developing blot clots and one woman didn't even know it and died from a blod clot that came loose in her legs and traveled to her lungs and killed her. Am I just being paranoid. I am not overweight anymore now that I have lost all this weight but because of losing it in such an unhealthy way and so fast not being able to eat did that cause damage?
Please help me!!!!
Am I just over reacting or do I have a reason to be worried?

Thanks
They don't really hurt, the back of my thighs are a little sore feeling but I haven't been doing exercise or anything strenuous to cause them to be sore.
I am worried!

iluvmp4 11-06-2004 12:17 PM

Re: Ever since drastic weigh loss have had tingling/numbness in my legs

i think that maybe your body isn't used to not having as much weight!! maybe its just that your body may have never been like this before!! wait a little while and if its still thereafter about a month... you should go see a doctor!!!! :eek:

Losec20mg 11-06-2004 12:53 PM

sounds like vien damage from lack of unabsorbed nutients...somthing is not going right. :(

vamp36 11-07-2004 11:53 AM

I would see you doctor if I were you. At least to get it checked out.

ncgirl88 11-10-2004 08:07 AM

Jhamiltion -

Please check out the Lyme board here at healthboards. I was diagnosed with Lyme and two tick borne coinfections called Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis. I lost 15 lbs. in 3 weeks, had horrible digestive issues, dizziness, weakeness in my legs (especially the back of my thighs - fatigue and pain once I started treatment). I had a ton of horrible symptoms...the tingling in the legs and other areas is part of lyme.

I don't remember a bite or a bull's eye rash.

If you suspect this could be an issue Ticker on the lyme board here can recommend a LLMA (lyme literate M.D.) - I had to be tested 4 times before it came back positive for lyme and the coinfections. It is very important to get tested for the coinfections.

-ncgirl88