It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Intussusception- Healing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #1
    Michelle F. of
    (female)

Michelle F. of HB User
    Unhappy Intussusception- Healing

Late in October, our 4 month old ds was hospitalized twice with intussusception. Since three days before the hospitalization, he has had diarrhea with a lot of mucous. He has had on occasion, streaks of blood in the mucous.

DS is now 5 months old and we have seen a pediatric gastroenterologist and a pediatric allergist. Ped GI believes ds is having allergic reaction to something in my diet, as I nurse him. Since seeing the ped GI, he has prescribed Neocate, a hypoallergenic formula. I am on an elimination diet to see if we can determine what he is allergic to, if he is allergic to anything.

Ped allergist could not confirm that ds has food allergies. We did the skin test, but since he is so young, results may not be accurate. The test was negative for everything.

I am currently going back and forth with the nursing and the Neocate, depending on how he feels. The ER doctor told me that I would always wonder if the intussusception was back. I did not believe him, but he was right. Since this is drawing out longer than I thought, I do wonder that. Especially on nights when he is crying with abdominal pain. Then also when he has a jelly-like diaper with streaks of blood. He never did do a lot of blood.

If you have any experience with intussusception, I would love your input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread