It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Digestion problem=acid refulx=sore tongue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    Digestion problem=acid refulx=sore tongue?

I was just wondering if acid refulx had anything to do with a sore tongue. I seem to get one irritated tastebud from time to time and didn't know if it was due to acid reflux or maybe I guess it could be a hormonal thing. I'm clueless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 10:06 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Arrow Re: Digestion problem=acid refulx=sore tongue?

Acid Reflux can and does often make the tongue sore!!! Are you taking a PPI for GERD??

Last edited by Harry; 12-08-2004 at 10:07 PM.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    Re: Digestion problem=acid refulx=sore tongue?

I take Nexium every now and then because I don't know if I can take it long term everyday so I try and spread it out. Is it possible to have acid reflux or GERD (which I think is the same thing) and not know it? Exactly what are the symptoms of this problem? I assume it's when food come back up like when you burp or something. Any other signs?

Old 12-16-2004, 10:07 AM   #4
    txrxs
    (male)

txrxs HB User
    Re: Digestion problem=acid refulx=sore tongue?

i'm taking protonix right now for the same thing(acid creeps up my esophogas, sore throat, and sore taste buds on the left and right back of my tongue), i wasnt diagnosed, but i know i have acid reflux. So it's gonna take a few days for the protonix to fully kick in. Hopefully my throat/tongue pain will go away...

Closed Thread