It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Stomach Rumblings

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
    Dolores30

Dolores30 HB User
    Stomach Rumblings

Hi all,

I just looked through all the threads hoping to find info that someone may have posted with a similar problem but no luck. I am pretty sure this is a digestive issue as it always seems to happen whether I am hungry or especially after I've eaten. Almost guaranteed, I get stomach rumblings in my lower stomach that take on a life of their own. I thought maybe it was intestinal gas at one point, as the noises seem to come from that point or even sound like they are coming from the back of me...not the front. Has anyone experienced this before? I have tried changing my diet but sometimes it seems like there is no rhyme or reason. I can eat one thing one day, the same thing the next and get these noises on either day.

It is getting to an embarrassing point now where I work in a quiet office, if I'm in a meeting or attending training. Because I know these sounds are bound to occur, I get even more stressed about it which probably brings it on. I've tried antacids, chewables, liquids......nothing seems to work. Even cutting out a lot of foods that I think might upset my stomach doesn't help.

Is there anybody else out there that has this??????? My doctor brushed it off and refused to refer me to a gastrentologist(sp?) saying it was nothing. It doesn't exactly cause me physical pain, it is just an embarrassment more than anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
    krisdance83
    (female)

krisdance83 HB User
    Re: Stomach Rumblings

I get these noises a lot. For me it happens whether I've eaten recently or not...just depends on the day I guess. It happens more often than not though, and it can be embarassing in a quiet room Sometimes it sounds like I'm passing gas!! It's terrible.

I don't know what could be causing it for you but I was diagnosed with gastroparesis. It means paralysis of the stomach. My other symptoms are fullness for hours after eating, nausea, a dull pain in my tummy, and some other nonsense. I'm sure that's not what you have but the rumbling is also part of that. Good luck w/ your noises!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:54 AM   #3
    Dolores30

Dolores30 HB User

Hmmm...the problem I am having is my doctor is an idiot who doesn't take this seriously and refuses to give me a referall. I am at the end of my rope. It's affecting my life because I will sometimes skip out on meetings and such if I know it will happen which doesn't reflect well on me.

What kind of testing goes on to determine if you have digestive issues?

Old 01-06-2005, 07:56 AM   #4
    Kootie Pie
    (female)

Kootie Pie HB User

I have all the same symptoms that you guys I have. My doc told me I have IBS. Not sure if that's your problem, cause I still don't believe it's mine. I've been on the irritable bowel syndrome on here and I have some of the same symptoms but it's basically just the same stomach symptoms. I don't have pebbly poo, and I don't have to run to the bathroom all day (just in the morning) and I lost 30 pounds in a week. someone wrote and said that was a bit extreme, even for people with IBS (normally you gain weight) and a year before all my symptoms started i had a cyst on my left side that burst. It's my left side that has the most pain. STILL. In my opinion I would go to a different doctor cause I think your doctor should referr you to the gastriontology (however you spell it) That's where I was sent anyway. I wish you better luck than myself! Take care

Old 01-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
    Allinasmile

Allinasmile HB User

I have those problems. Most of the time it occurs after I have eaten and it's rumbling noises that almost sound like a poot but it's comign from your stomach and not your bottom. I don't know what causes this or how to eliminate it, but if you find out, please send me a post and let me know.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
    auntjudyg
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntjudyg HB User

Some people have found relief from this problem by practicing so-called "food combining". Your favorite search engine will come up with a bunch of good websites. In a nutshell, you eat high-carbohydrate foods at separate meals from high-protein foods, and you eat fruit alone. Grains seem to be a big culprit for many.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:22 PM   #7
    Kootie Pie
    (female)

Kootie Pie HB User

Yes as soon as I find out I will let you know. You do the same ! Last night for instance , I felt really bloated - i could poke my right side just fine, but my left - hard as a rock. Is your pain constantly all day as well?
    And to auntjudy, you just type in food combining in the search engine? is that what you meant? Keep me posted if you hear anything new.

Take care....

Closed Thread