It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Constipation and Abdomen Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
    Jussi2005
    (male)

Jussi2005 HB User
    Constipation and Abdomen Pain

In Follow up to:
    [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1638289&postcount=1[/url]

Thought I'd post it here as it's more digestive related now

That night I was in absloute agony and started to get a pain the other side of my bowel as well, thinking this is completley not right, I made an appointment with Doctor who I saw yesterday.

I saw her and she told me it was likely to be caused by the doxycycline, and she suggested I came off that immedatley to see if it helped. She then examined and felt my abdomen just to check for any problems and gave me a rectal examination to ensure there were no blockages that were leading to the constipation.

I was then prescribed some laxatives (Dulco-lax tablet form) and some nasal spray to use instead of the doxycyline, we agreed that it was best to not use the nasal spray until we had the constipation sorted out so we could troubleshoot this problem first.

Took first tablet last night before bed, didn't seem to work that well, but pain was a little bit easier than the night before. Tried first bowel movement about 10am UK time this morning and struggled like crazy for 5 minutes only to produce something the size of a pea/bean.

Tried again just after lunch as had the urge to go, after a strain for five minutes produced 2x 3-4 inch in length regular width dark brown hard stools and that was all. A few hours later, had another urge to go, this time was much easier, a regular length long stool and several smaller ones, still however I felt I was nowhere near emptying my bowels as much as I need to, but it was progress, after which my bowels seem to ache both sides, but I put that down to the relief of constipation.

Tried to go again an hour ago, as felt the urge and was passing a high amount of wind, but found it impossible to pass anything, went for a lay down, feeling quite comfortable for the first time in days, but then had a shot of pain for a second or so shooting through lower right abdomen. Since then, I've had high levels of discomfort in lower right abdomen again, same as before I took the laxatives.

Going to take another one tonight as I think if I can get my bowels completley clear, it will do a lot of good to making the abdomen pain going away, I have 4 days worth of stools probbably stored up in there, and I'm guessing till they come out the pain isn't going to subside completley.

Thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 04:32 AM   #2
    Jussi2005
    (male)

Jussi2005 HB User
    Re: Constipation and Abdomen Pain

Just to say I drank a lot of water yesterday and it made me quite bloated, but this morning my post natal drip and right sided abdominal pain is much better.

However my left side is now uncomfortable, but not painful, I think this started when I was straining last night trying to pass stools, I had one sharp pain for a second or two anything to worry about or just something that will go away?

Haven't had a bowel motion so far today.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #3
    Jussi2005
    (male)

Jussi2005 HB User
    Re: Constipation and Abdomen Pain

Still haven't had a bowel motion today but feel like I really need to go, left side feels bubbly, I'm scared....

Closed Thread