It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Lower Abdominal Pain with Back Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
    W.VgirlinIOWA
    (female)

W.VgirlinIOWA HB User
    Lower Abdominal Pain with Back Pain

Hi.I have lower abdominal pain with back pain lasting for more than week......it's bareable ....but there ...I am not sure if it could be my kidneys ..I have problems with them since I was young..but the pain feels more like on both sides of the lower abdominal ..sometimes worse than other times ...and the back pain is lower back pain..
    What could this be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
    LostMind
    (female)

LostMind HB User
    Re: Lower Abdominal Pain with Back Pain

I have the same thing and just had a CT scan. It showed a small kidney stone that was probably not the cause of my pain as it is to small . They said I have a blocked colon. Its not emptying all the way which I had a hard time believing since I have a bowel movement 2-3 times a day. I feel a gurgling at my left front and back area by my kidney. I've had a dull ache in my left back for about a month. It's barable but I know its there 24/7.
    I was given a stool softener called lactulose. I just started it last night. I guess if you get blocked up and it dont come loose you can get an infection or a total blockage. I dont want to even go there. So maybe see your doctor.
    I have had a kidney stone in the past but this pain was slightly different , and since it showed I also have a stone it explained the sharp pains associated with stones.

Closed Thread