It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• "Feeling like something is STUCK in my THROAT"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
    "Feeling like something is STUCK in my THROAT"

Hi everyone I dont know whats worng with me first i thought I was allergic to advair inhaler, I have gastritis and acid reflux but after teh doc gave me prednisole for the so called allergic reaction I had form advair that got my throat swollen, I am confused.

because everytime i try to eat for teh past week, I havent been able to eat much at all in about 5 days, I feel liek a lump in my throat, the doc took an xray and my airway was fine, I am not sure whats going on, I feel like something is stuck in my throat, I have had horrific acid and chest pains from the heartburn, its been horrible for the past week, the difficulty swallowing is like right where the adams apple would be on a man in that area, thats where I feel the choking feeling.

I guess since I hav enot been eating that makes it much worse, I am not sure what this weird feeling in my throat is can it be the acid reflux causing this, everytime I eat and try to swallow, gas starts coming up and sometimes I feel as I am going to choke, and I hav eto drink water after every spoonful of food, not sure why my throat feels this way though, like something is stuck there, I have an appt with a stomach doc next week, what can I take for this, I have to eat and cant help since I feel like I will choke

."

Last edited by jennyVee; 10-21-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Arrow Re: "Feeling like something is STUCK in my THROAT"

There is a condition where your throat/esophagus goes into spasms --- it is called Nut Cracker Syndrome-- my wife has it and takes Prilosec and a Magnesium supplement that helps.

The doc did a test that measures the pressure every inch as you swallow sips of water. I think it's called a manometer pressure test. X-rays don't show up anything abnormal??

I wish you well~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 10-22-2005 at 10:16 PM.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:07 AM   #3
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
    Re: "Feeling like something is STUCK in my THROAT"

Hi Harry, I was told a while ago that I had esophagal spasms, but I didnt think they would affect me this much, what kind of magnesium does she take let me know I almost choked on food last week and havent been eating since, Thanks for your help

Old 10-23-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

As you may know magnesium is in several laxatives so taking alot can cause loose stools. The daily requirement is 400 mgms. I think it is best if you take it in divided doses-- in the am, mid-afternoon and before going to bed. The low doses should not cause any stool problems

Taking it 3 times daily increases the absorption rate from less than 10% to over 38%. I like the chelated type of minerals better because they are readily absorbed.
    Albion Labs has a International Patent on a form of minerals that are bonded to a protein amino acid.

Every cell in your body contains magnesium and helps muscle spasms through out your body--- The organic forms of magnesium just work better than the inorganic forms. We have used Doctor's Best, Kal, Solgar, Carlson and other chelated type.
    You can read about the chelated type on www.albionlabs.com site --- the FAQ is very good to help understand minerals and their absorption. They sell their minerals to many retail manufacturers.

I have found that all forms of magnesium get absorbed it just takes a few more steps for it to work. You also need magnesium to absorb calcium and 67% of it is in your bones for strength.
    It is believed by some nutritionist that magnesium is in alot of foods and there is no lack of it in your body but other think that 80% of people are deficient!!

I wish you well~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 10-23-2005 at 06:57 AM.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:17 AM   #5
    vintagegirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

vintagegirl HB User

Sounds like LPR. Where the vocal cords become inflamed and damaged by stomach acid. Only an ear nose and throat doctor can diagnose this. They should put you on two doses of PPI per day for a minimum of six months before you will see improvement. Good luck~

Closed Thread