It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• 21 year old with bad digestive system. help..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
    LeviM
    (male)

LeviM HB User
    21 year old with bad digestive system. help..

Hi I am a 21 year old male and I am new to this forum. I've had bad health overall for all my life. It is not so bad that I can't function and yet its bad enough to interfere with many aspects of my life. the thing that bothers me the most is that i have horrible digestive system. I've tried "colon flushes" and i've visisted many well know chinese herbalists and tried chinese herbal medicines.. when i was taking the medicine i felt alot better and i was able to digest well. however, everytime i go off it, i cant giest well again. This problem started when I was about 15 gradually getting worse and worse. I dont know what it is. I try to eat healthy and avoid fried foods, etc but still i cannot digest well.. I can just eat 1 meal a day and not feel hungry rest of the day because I cant digest. I am a pretty skinny guy but my stomach is bulging out and feels bloated and uncomfortable all the time. I dislike looking at myself in the mirror without a shirt on because of that. it seems to be getting bigger every year when rest of my body is skinny... also i have a very bad acne problem and oily skin, i'm sure those two are correlated somehow because when my digestion is especially bad, my face is worse. anyone have any idea how to improve my digestion to normal level without taking medicine for rest of my life? i'm pretty desperate at this point.. and I'm only 21.. i dont want to think how much worse it can get.. any help would be appreciated.. thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
    WannaBeFreeToRoam
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
    Re: 21 year old with bad digestive system. help..

Hi LeviM,

Please read my advice (my point of view only) to Malihas. I think it might apply to you also.

Good luck.

Wannabe

Old 12-29-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
    Re: 21 year old with bad digestive system. help..

If it's any consolation, I've been having stomach problems since I was 17, I am now 47 and they never got any worse. There are ways of managing it and if you are getting yourself stressed out over this, it is definitely making it worse. In some aspects I have actually improved because after all these years I know how to deal with the anxiety and stress that makes it worse. Sometimes just don't worry about what "they say" you eat. I get really bad if I eat fruit, I'll feel bloated and nauseated and I have thrown in the towel on eating it! - I am the best if I have a big Dunkin Donut with coffee, a nice big greasy Italian Hot dog, or some hot buffalo wings! So you have to be your own doctor. Maybe you are eating too many fruits and gassy things that are blowing you up. Some foods (let's take my Dunkin Donut and greasy Italian Hot dog), now if you had GALLBLADDER problems, that WOULD bother you. But if we are just talking the stomach here, then you really have to see what you yourself can tolerate the best. Now when you say you can't digest well, do you mean that you just aren't hungry anymore after that one meal? Or do you mean that you get an acid reflux and just keep burping the food back into your throat?

Closed Thread