It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Do I need a HIDA scan?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
elphers
(female)

elphers HB User
Do I need a HIDA scan?

Hi,
Today I went to my GP, concerned that I still am having chest pains and back pain since November. I also wanted to find out my results from a chest CT scan and echocardiogram, which were both fine. I was asking for a stress test to ease my mind, one reason because my Dad now has full blockage and both my parents have a long history of heart didease. His nurse asked me about my symptoms and now I am going to have a HIDA scan this Thurs. morning. I was kind of surprised that my gallbladder might be causing my chest and back pains. I really don't have pains in my right abdomen, which I thought goes along with the gallbladder. Just wondering if anyone thinks that this could be related and that the HIDA scan is a good idea.
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Do I need a HIDA scan?

Yes I think you need to have your gallbladder checked out and the HIda scan is a test that shows how well your gallbladder is functioning and where all the the bile from your liver is or is not going!!

Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
wxKathy2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wxKathy2 HB User

Hi Elphers,
your case sounds like mine - how did the HIDA turn out? I'm having one tomorrow - They want to do a heart cath eventually too...I too have chest pain - most of mine is more on the left side however....Just curious how your tests came out...
best wishes,
Kathy

Old 04-30-2006, 05:13 AM   #4
elphers
(female)

elphers HB User

Kathy,
My Hida scan results were ok. I ended up at the hospital for 4 hours! They couldn't see my small intestine on the scan so I had to go for an MRI!
I still have the chest pains, and had a nuclear stress test. That came back ok.
So I just keep on going and try not to focus on the pain!
How did your cath go?
Best of luck!
elphers

Closed Thread