It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

nausea, vomiting, diarrhea

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
QuickStop
(male)

QuickStop HB User
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea

Almost a year ago I had my gallbladder removed. I have had stomach problems for a while, but they've been much worse since GB removal. Diarrhea, loose bm's, must-go-"NOW" bm's, bad gas, cramping, stomach/intestinal pain, nausea, lots of belching, some vomiting....this is the way my system works now. It has gotten so bad that I can't even go to work anymore. My doctor has passed me around to several other doctors. They've done scopes down my throat and up my bum, x-rays, stool tests,... They've also tried me on many different medicines including Levbid, Previcid, Phenergan, Colistid, and more. Each one helps to a degree, but most of them make me too sleepy to work even if they did "fix" the problems. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I believe the doctors are just trying out "by-the-book" things, and when it doesn't work or provide answers, they try to push me off. I'm only 40 years old, and I can not afford to not work. But just the same, the way things are now, my digestive system is too much of a wreck for me to go to work (or anyplace else.) Ideas?
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea

After taking out your gallbladder about 5% of people have problems with their system putting out too much bile at the wrong time and it causes bile salt diarrhea.

This is usually helped by a medication that absorbs the bile before it reaches the colon that causes diarrhea. Colistid or Questran should have helped -- since the side-effect for people with a gallbladder is constipation.

You could read about it on Google at the top of this page---- Search --Bile Salt Diarrhea--- on the Web. There are enough sites to help your!!!

God Bless~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 03-21-2006 at 08:36 AM.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
QuickStop
(male)

QuickStop HB User
Re: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea

Thanks for your response and well wishes, Harry. For some reason, the Colistid and Questran just made me even more sick. I have been researching on Google for answers, but I'm finding a lot of the information is stuff that hasn't worked for me. I'm desperate to find answers before I loose everything from not being able to work or function.
Thanks again, Harry. Best wishes to you also!

Closed Thread