It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Digestive Disorders Message Board

question


Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
kmtsn5
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4
kmtsn5 HB User
Question question

Hello I am new to this board so bear with me........... Ok my Husband has had a stomach ulcer for along time he really has to watch what he eats (sometimes he eats stuff he shouldn't) anyway now he is so bloated and he feels kind of a burning sensation and alot of pressure under his right breast bone burping alot feels like everything is pushing up on him his throat and chest kind of hurt any suggestions will be appreciated thank you

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,515
Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: question

85% of ulcers are caused by a H pylori bacteria -- and is treated using antibiotics and an antiacid for a week or 2.
Has your husband taken this treatment???

 
Old 03-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
kmtsn5
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4
kmtsn5 HB User
Question Re: question

no what all does this consitet of? thanks

 
Old 03-23-2006, 07:04 AM   #4
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,515
Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: question

Hi kmt,

A person can be diagnosed for a stomach ulcer several ways. By a blood test, breath test or the best way is to have an endoscopic exam of his stomach where a biopsy is taken of the area that is ulcerated.

All stomachs ulcers are either caused by a bacteria (about 85%) that can be eliminate with antibiotics & an anti acid in 2 weeks and the other (15%) is caused by errorsion of the stomach lining --- usually due to medication like asprin , ibuprofin or any non steroid anti -inflammator type pain meds as well as other medication that irrritates the stomach lining.

The errosion type ulcer is treated using an anti-acid type of med-- Proton Pump Inhibitors are used to reduce stomachacid-- like Prilosec, Prevacid, Nexium and others.

It use to be thought that stomach ulcers were caused by Stress but Dr Barry Marshall discovered the H pylroi bacteria caused most ulcers in 1982 in Perth, Australia by accident and for the last 10 years the treatment has been with antibiotics in the States.

Usually people don't have ulcers for very long these days and don't have to stick to a diet!

A gastroenterologist is used to make the diaganosis and do the treatment.

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 03-23-2006 at 07:08 AM.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
who diagnosed you with VN initially? charlotte67 Inner Ear Disorders 12 11-11-2007 10:17 AM
Question, About Thyroid Medication, And High Blood Pressure Medication, Interacting.. Jenny C. Thyroid Disorders 12 01-08-2007 12:10 PM
Question on behavior with certain substances in post-Detox life tyler7 Addiction & Recovery 4 10-15-2004 06:03 AM
Silly question -T- Asthma 4 10-06-2004 09:46 AM
Acne Food Question - Is This OK To Eat, PLEASE Help Legend#14 Acne 68 06-06-2004 04:21 PM
PainPill Tolerance Question Phlox Addiction & Recovery 11 04-25-2004 05:53 AM
Not quite sure anyone can answer this question VeryOldLady Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia 9 01-24-2004 05:54 AM
A Nagging Question re: ADD/ADHD and Meds Raes*Mom ADD / ADHD 5 01-01-2004 10:15 PM
I have a TSH question for anyone tonmur Thyroid Disorders 7 11-27-2003 11:26 AM
Psychological Question MichelleT57 Eye & Vision 6 06-10-2003 07:26 PM




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM.





2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!