It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

only able to eat Egg please help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
Rosemary_v
(female)

Rosemary_v HB User
Unhappy only able to eat Egg please help

I really need some help and advice for my dad. He has been to three doctors now who specialize in gastrointestinal disorders and has found out nothing from them. He has had every test run that you can think of and still nothing has been found. The problem is this that he can not eat anything but eggs this has been going on for months now and I am more then concerned with how my dad is looking and how his stomach is still bothering him so. He has lost so much weight it is unbelievable, when he tell the doctors that all he can eat are eggs they seem not to care at all not even bat an eye at the fact that he is eating on average 9 eggs a day. He has eatten over 1,000 eggs. I am so concerned about his cholesterol soaring from this. He is going to get that tested this week, thatís another thing none of the doctors have said we better check your cholesterol. He had to ask to go and get it check.
Have any of you ever heard of someone only being able to eat eggs and nothing else without getting excruciating stomach cramps and pain in the abdomen. Sometimes he feels sick to his stomach has gas and other times he just has the cramping and the horrible rumbling in his stomach. They have looked at his system by going in from both ends and have found nothing but a little pink area in his stomach. All my dads organs are functioning fine according to tests, he has no ulcer, or cancer.
Please if any of you have any kind of suggestion please contact me via e-mail or this message board.
Thanks,
Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
Sunlover
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Re: only able to eat Egg please help

Could it possibly be psychosomatic? It can present itself in many different ways! I had really bad stomach problems for over a year, REAL problems I believed, I lost weight, couldn't eat without getting pain, couldn't NOT eat or my stomach would burn... if I'd swallow, as soon as the food would hit it would burn like heartburn... you name it! I finally went for an endoscopy and when I was told there was NOTHING wrong at all, all those symptoms went away, after over a year of those problems on a daily basis, they went away almost overnight! At the time I stopped eating ice cream and chocolate (2 of my favorite foods) because I just didn't feel a taste for them and ice cream would actually hurt me when it hit the stomach! (of course now I'm pigging out on bowls of it again and have no problems- I know there's nothing wrong). Maybe your dad is stressing over something, obviously it's not his health that he is obsessing over or he would have been ok after he was told there was nothing wrong, but maybe there is something else going on. Sounds ridiculous, but I've lived it and know it can happen! OR maybe he just doesn't believe the doctors and still THINKS there's something wrong???

Old 04-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Rose,
It sound like he needs to take a magnesium / calcium supplement.
All cells in your body contain magnesium and lacking it will reult in cramping and spasms in any and all muscles including the gastro system.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:22 AM   #4
Bilbobeth
(female)

Bilbobeth HB User

This is an interesting thread. I am sorry your dads feeling this way. I too can only eat bowls of porridge. My symptoms feel so bad that i am reluctant to try anything and I wonder how much I am making my problem worse by giving into it in this way. I have lost one and a half stones in 7 weeks. I feel sick at the thought of food and dread the reaction I might get if I try anything substantial. I am almost fixed about the eating thing, like I am frightened to eat. I am waiting for an endoscopy and I surely hope they find nothing wrong but hell or high water will not change things for me until I have a fixed diagnosis and I know what I am dealing with.

Try and get your dad to attempt some thin soups and perhaps ensure plus would be a good idea. Its a nutritional diteray supplement drink (medically proven to help people like your dad). It has over 300 calories in each drink and they are available in loads of different flavours.Let us know how its going.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #5
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

The problem with this kind of diet is that you are not intaking necessary nutrients for optium health. And, the result is that you develop all sorts of disorders associated with malabsorption problems.

Closed Thread