It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

ct scan report can you help me

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
stellatj
(female)

stellatj HB User
ct scan report can you help me

not sure where to post this but i am scared
3 weeks ago i went to the doctor with bad stomach
pains by the right of my belly button. the did a ct scan and admited me to the hospital saying i had appendicitis and a bad gallbladder.after 2 days of just laying there i was sent home they said my appendex was ok i need gallbladder removed thats set up for 5-10.
today i got a copy of my ct scan it scares me it says
1- cholelithiasis 1 calcified stone 16x18 mm
2- possible appendicits
3-cyst in upper pole of right kidney 21x23 mm
4-enlarged left adrenal gland measures 20x16 mm
this proably represents benign hyperplasia
5-fluid collection or enlarged appendix suggesting appendicitus
also there is a small amount of fluid around the cecum in the right lower quadrant this may be an enlarged appendix. the appendix was not seen clear. there is some inflammatory change.
its been three weeks i still have the pain it comes and goes when i sit i feel like something is ready to bulge on the right side.
also what does unremarkable on a ct scan mean
it says about the gallstone then says the gallbladder is otherwise unremarkable???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
Socagrl
(female)

Socagrl HB User
Re: ct scan report can you help me

basically your report is nothing serious - otherwise they wouldnt have sent you home. so dont worry.

the report suggests possibly an inflammaiton of your appendix- and a doctor can also do a physical examination on you to help determine if this pain is indeed from your appendix.

in so far as the kidney cyst- dont worry about it- those are almost always normal and mean nothing

the gallbladder- many people have gallstones, it doesnt mean it's the cause of your pain. if it's blocking a duct then it can cause pain most certainly. when it says gallbladder is otherwise unremarkable- means the rest of the gallbladder looks normal- no thickening, no tumors no mass...etc...

Closed Thread