It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

pancreatitis

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2006, 05:35 AM   #1
Pebble Beach
Inactive
(male)

Pebble Beach HB User
pancreatitis

Hi all. This is my first time posting in this board. I have posted in the other boards for back pain, kidney disease, pain management.

Here is my medical history. I have been thru 6 spine surgeries. Plus I had surgery on my left leg for a blood clot.

Also I have diabetes which was discovered while I was in the hospital 3 years ago. At that time my blood sugar was 1600 mg. I also was in kidney failure and had pancreatitis.

As to the kidney, which I was born with one kidney, it appears to be functioning at about 25 Percent of normal.

I had a ultrasound done of the kidney and the abdomin. The ultrasound showed something on the pancreas. The technician and the doctor at the ultrasound wasn't sure what it was. Said it could be a cyst on the pancreas.

But then when I spoke to my primary she said it wasnt clear what was there due to a lot of gas. So it was decided that I should have a CT scan of the pancreas done. I am getting the pre-cert from the insurance company so that I can have it done.

Can anyone tell me about if it is a cyst on the pancreas,what does this mean. My endocrinologist says normally nothing is done. But I still want to know more about it

Thanks for the assistance all.

Allan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: pancreatitis

Allan,

Sorry about your problems--- You certainly have had a rough time.
13 years ago when I had a CT scan for adrenal gland problem -- a mass 3 cm wide and 8 cm long was on or very near my pancreas-- a needle biopsy was take-- turn out to be a low density mass and it was determined to a peri-pancreatic cyst-- I have had CT scans every year or so and that has not changed.

It is sort funny -- the Group of Radiologist never recognize me or my name but the mass looks like a small fish -- they all have seen that over the years and know me by that!!

4 years ago I had 2 1/2 feet of my colon remove for chronic diverticular bleeding and the Colon Surgeon looked at my pancreas said -- I did not have a mass-- but it still shows up on the scans.

I wish you well~~~Harry

Closed Thread