It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Digestive Disorders Message Board

I have a few Questions


Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
bkerlee1386
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 12
bkerlee1386 HB User
Arrow I have a few Questions

1. Does an Ulcer heal on its own?

2. How long after u eat something does it take for ulcer pain to kick in ( I drank a vault earlier, and those are loaded with caffeine and other products, and now my stomach is killing me, but i drank it over 7 hours ago, i can't eat ne thing, and im having bad acid reflux)

Alrite my story is, that im 20 years old im in good condition. except for the fact i think i have a stomach ulcer, well i know i have one, because i was diagnosed with an ulcer when i had an endoscopy about a year ago, but i think it got worse. It started a couple months ago, i started getting really bad pain, and this is after having no pain for awhile(about 5 months of no pain), but i started haveing bad upper left to middle abdominal pain...sometimes it burns, and sometimes it just aches, or feels like a bloating. I can't have food in my stomach when i go to bed, or else my stomach hurts all night long. It doesn't bother me too much during the day, just at night when i go to lay down. and it really bothers me, because i either go to sleep hungry, or i have to deal with pain all night. Im currently taking a combination of Prilosec once a day, and Tagament twice a day, but these past couple of days, i've been getting full really early, im a guy so im used to eating alot during the day, but now i don't have much of an appetite, and when i eat i can only eat a little bit. its kinda starting to worry me, and i have no insurance so ican't go to the doctor. but any input, and if someone could answer those questions i would greatlty appreciate it....god bless

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 05-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
Harry
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,515
Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: I have a few Questions

Ulcers are not self healing!
85% are causes by a bacteria -- H pylori-- and the other 15% is causes by errosion/ irritation --even some medication like asprin and pain meds like NSAID.

The treatment these days for H pylori bacteria is to take an anti acid -- like Prilosec and 2 antibiotics for a week or so.
If it's caused by errosion taking the anti acid and a bland diet is normally used. Reducing the acid in your stomach is good in either case.

A very good over the counter remedy for ulcers is Mastica taken twice daily --2 --500gm caps between meals. Mastic Gum has been used for hundreds of years by greeks to help stomach problems-- It has been discovered to heal some type of ulcers.

I have taken it for gastritis that I get when I take an antibiotic. It works for me. Do a Google search at the top of this page -- on Mastic Gum or Mastica

I wish you well~~~Harry

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Ask questions !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! adjusterrka Cancer: Lung 2 09-14-2010 06:33 PM
Questions to ask the dr. list PNo Spinal Cord Disorders 6 12-06-2007 09:37 AM
Help with questions for Cleveland Clinic doctor thyme2b Osteoporosis 19 04-06-2007 06:24 PM
autistic son can't answer questions Dolceaura Autism Spectrum 14 02-01-2007 05:09 PM
Questions.. Beekermlady Foot & Ankle Problems 9 08-19-2006 06:36 PM
Questions to ask the surgeon before surgery! girl12345 Back Problems 1 09-03-2005 05:05 AM
Not For The Faint Of Heart - Questions Sickman Panic Disorders 27 08-09-2004 05:09 PM
Some RSD questions... sealover Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 1 04-13-2004 12:57 AM
Marlene .. A few Questions?? Bren30 TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 7 12-11-2003 12:36 AM
Hi, I'm new and have many questions,Please help RachelH TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint 6 11-09-2002 09:46 PM




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.





2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!