It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Well, I'm home!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
2littlemonkeys

2littlemonkeys HB User
Well, I'm home!

Surgery went fine, I don't remember anything from the time my husband left the pre-op room til I woke up in recovery. I am of course sore, mainly the incision at my belly button. The pain isn't bad at all when I'm sitting (reclined) but getting in and out of beds sucks and so does sleeping on my back! I am taking Lortab and feeling pretty nauseous and lightheaded this morning. Don't know if it's from the Lortab or the surgery but either way I guess it's to be expected. Did most of you experence nausea and lightheadedness in the beginning?

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement the last few weeks, it has really helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 08:03 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Well, I'm home!

Good deal! Glad you're back home safe and sound. And yes, the meds will make you a little nauseous the first day. After all, you're taking all this on a virtually empty stomach (maybe a few crackers and some ginger ale at the hospital after coming back from recovery). Just rest, sleep and be a slug today. Nibble on some bland, fat free stuff today and you'll be fine.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
quenterry0
(female)

quenterry0 HB User

YAY! I'm glad you're doing good! How did you feel when you woke up? Were you in pain or uncomfortable? I hope they took good care of your pain. I am scheduled to go in this Monday the 22nd How bad is it to lay down or get in and out of bed?

Thanks and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
paula43
(female)

paula43 HB User

Hi littlemonkey! I am so glad to see you in the "it's over" group! Yes, it's normal to feel out of it...I couldn't focus my eyes until the next morning and my hospital stay is a blur between the morphine and percoset. 5 days post-op for me now and I went out for the first time just to get some food and mail a letter. I was scared and felt vulnerable and my luck, someone bunked into me in the supermarket! Fortunately, he didn't hurt that side of me, just alarmed me a little!

The anesthesia leaves you with nausea (I vomited back in my room) and certainly lightheaded...they nurses had to walk me to the bathroom. If you read our posts from last week, the getting out of bed part was the worst. The nurse told me try not to use my stomach muscles and one of the posters here suggested turning first, kind of rolling out of bed. That's a whole lot easier for me now and it's only been 5 days. I was able to sleep on my side the 3rd day but as you see, everyone is different so try not to gauge too much by others. My neighbor was in pain for 2 weeks, my friend 2 days and went back to work. I think most folks are in the middle somewhere. So good to see you home and this behind you! I was waiting and hoping you'd post. Take good care and feel better every day!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
stellatj
(female)

stellatj HB User

glad all went well. i agree rest well the lortab made me dizzy and lighheaded
its a bummer sleeping on my back but i think i am getting use to it
walk around a little it helps with the gas

Closed Thread